Port St. Lucie Police earns their 7th Accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA)
Chief John Bolduc
Port St. Lucie Police Department
Port St. Lucie, Fl.
Contact: Master Sergeant Frank Sabol
Public Information Officer
(Office) (772) 871-5032
(Mobile) (772) 201-6252
DATE/TIME OF RELEASE: Monday, November 07, 2016
PREPARED/RELEASED BY: Frank Sabol
For Immediate Release:
SUBJECT: Port St. Lucie Police earns their 7th Accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA).
On Saturday, November 5, 2016, Port St. Lucie Police Department was recognized with their 7th Accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA). Members from the Port St. Lucie Police Department traveled to Charleston, South Carolina, to attend the 2016 CALEA conference. During the conference the Port St. Lucie Police Department was recognized for their excellence and received re-accreditation by the Commission.
It is worthy to note that only 5% of law enforcement agencies throughout the country are accredited through CALEA. The men and women of the Port St. Lucie Police Department has worked extremely hard to earn the Commissions re-accreditation. This is the 7th time the Port St. Lucie Police Department and has received this very prestigious accomplishment.
About CALEA and its requirements:
- CALEA Accreditation requires an agency to develop a comprehensive, well thought out, uniform set of written directives. This is one of the most successful methods for reaching administrative and operational goals, while also providing direction to personnel.
- CALEA Accreditation standards provide the necessary reports and analyses a CEO needs to make fact-based, informed management decisions.
- CALEA Accreditation requires a preparedness program be put in place—so an agency is ready to address natural or man-made unusual occurrences.
- CALEA Accreditation is a means for developing or improving upon an agency’s relationship with the community.
- CALEA Accreditation strengthens an agency’s accountability, both within the agency and the community, through a continuum of standards that clearly define authority, performance, and responsibilities.
- Being CALEA Accredited can limit an agency’s liability and risk exposure because it demonstrates that internationally recognized standards for law enforcement have been met, as verified by a team of independent outside CALEA-trained assessors.
- CALEA Accreditation facilitates an agency’s pursuit of professional excellence.