The City of Port St. Lucie celebrates Spring with a variety of events
Are you looking for a fantastic Easter Egg Hunt? How about helping PSL conduct its annual “spring cleaning” by pitching in at a citywide litter clean up? Maybe, you simply want to enjoy the Spring weather and listen to some live music by the water? If so, the City of Port St. Lucie is the place to be this Spring! Here is our guide to help you take advantage of all the City’s Spring and Easter-related activities:
- Easter Bunny Visit, Thursday, March 29, 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Minsky Gym. The Easter Bunny will be visiting us once again! Parents, please remember to bring your camera to capture your child’s picture with the Easter Bunny. Children, don’t forget your Easter basket so that you can participate in the exciting Easter Egg Hunt! Parent participation is greatly encouraged during this fun event for children ages 1- to- 5 (with parent or guardian). The cost is $3 per child. Call (772) 344-4142 for more information. This is a drop-in program; so pre-registration is not required.
- Easter Breakfast, Friday, March 30, 9:30 to 11 a.m. at the Port St. Lucie Community Center. Kids can enjoy a continental breakfast while dyeing eggs during this fun morning out. The Easter Bunny also is expected to hop by for a visit! Children must be accompanied by an adult, however, the food is only for the children. Please plan to pre-register early for this popular event for children ages 6 and under. The cost is $9.50 per child. Call (772) 878-2277 for more information.
- Eggstravaganza, Saturday, March 31, 9 a.m. at Whispering Pines Park. Come out and hunt 18,000 eggs at the City’s annual Eggstravaganza. Festivities begin PROMPTLY at 9 a.m. with the big egg hunt. There will be candy and thousands of eggs spread over four baseball fields, which will be designed for specific age groups: 3 years and under (parents may accompany), 4 – to - 5 year olds, 6- to- 7 year olds, and 8- to- 10 year olds. The Easter Bunny will attend, so parents should make sure to bring a camera and children should bring a basket to collect all the goodies. This event is free to the public. We encourage those joining in the Eggstravaganza to arrive early as the eggs go very quickly. For more information, please call (772) 878-2277.
- River Nights, Thursday, April 12, 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the site of PSL’s future riverfront park, just south of the Port St. Lucie Botanical Gardens, 2410 SE Westmoreland Blvd. Relax, recharge, enjoy a tranquil evening among nature and enjoy the fire. There will be live musical entertainment by Rainfall Reggae, a cash bar and food available for purchase. All ages are welcome at this free event. This will be the last River Nights of the season. We’ll see everyone back at October’s River Nights. Call (772) 878-2277 for more information.
- Keep Port St. Lucie Beautiful Appreciation Night at First Data Field, Thursday, April 12, gates open at 5:30 p.m. and game begins at 6:30 p.m. at First Data Field, 525 NW Peacock Blvd. Enjoy a St. Lucie Mets game while showing your appreciation for the work Keep Port St. Lucie Beautiful does to keep PSL clean and beautiful. Fans who bring two nonperishable food items will receive a free ticket to the St. Lucie Mets game that night. Keep Port St. Lucie Beautiful will have a booth at the front of the stadium and partner with the Treasure Coast Food Bank for the donations. For more information, please call (772)873-6312.
- Special Needs Red Carpet Dance, Wednesday, April 18, from 6 to 8 p.m. Come put on your dancing shoes and enjoy our Red Carpet Special Needs Dance at the Port St. Lucie Community Center. We’re rolling out the red carpet at this dance for all of our special needs guests and their caregivers! Come join a night of fun as you enter into the red carpet paparazzi entrance. Dance the night away and enjoy sweet treats! The cost is $5. Call (772) 878-2277 for more information.
- Oxbow Eco-Center’s Earth Day Festival, Saturday, April 21, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., at the Oxbow Eco-Center at 5400 SE St. James Drive, Port St. Lucie. Live green and prosper at the Oxbow Eco-Center’s Annual Earth Day Festival. The festival will feature live music, live animals, storytellers, community organizations and more! Join your friends and neighbors in a celebration of all that wildlife and wild lands offer us -- beauty, inspiration, vital resources, and a sense of belonging to a community. Be sure to stop by the Keep Port St. Lucie Beautiful booth! This year, the Oxbow’s Earth Day Festival will be bigger and better than ever. The goal for this Earth Day Festival is tobring the community together to increase and reinforce awareness, knowledge and stewardship of our natural resources, inspire individual and community commitment to conservation, highlight organizations and businesses committed to sustainability, and lastly but most importantly TO HAVE FUN and CELEBRATE OUR EARTH. The event is free. For more information, please visit www.oxboweco.com.
- Ladybug Launch, Sunday, April 22, noon to 2 p.m., at the Port St. Lucie Botanical Gardens. Bring the family for a morning of educational fun. Ladybugs are beneficial in nature. Come explore our gardens as we have fun releasing Ladybugs into the gardens and discover fun facts about them. This event is free to children 5 to 12 years old and their families. Registration is appreciated. For more information, please call (772) - 337-1959.
- Keep Port St. Lucie Beautiful Annual Clean Up Day, Saturday, April 28, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Public Works Department, 450 SW Thornhill Dr. Help us conduct PSL’s annual spring cleaning! Volunteers will register for the event at the Public Works Department, enjoy a free breakfast, and then be transported by bus to several locations throughout the city that are most in need of clean up. After the clean up, buses will bring volunteers back for free lunch, raffles and lots of fun for the whole family. Registration is at 7:30 am. For more information, please call (772) 873-6312.
- Mommy/Son Spring Dance, Friday, May 18, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., at the Port St. Lucie Community Center. Moms, here’s your opportunity to take your boy(s) out for a special evening. Entertainment, dancing, goodie bags and a memorable photo is included. Pre-registration is required by Wednesday May 16 as space is limited. The dance is for boys ages 2-to –11 years old, and is $11.50 per child. Call (772) 878-2277 for more information.
- Keep Port St. Lucie Beautiful Give-a-Tree, Spread-the-Shade Tree Giveaway, Saturday, May 19, 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the Public Works Department, 450 SE Thornhill Drive. The City will give away an assorted variety of trees that are native to Florida. The KPSLB Committee hopes to protect native plants for future generations and encourage public awareness about the need to maintain Port St. Lucie's natural beauty. Trees are given away on a first-come, first-served basis to City of Port St. Lucie residents. Call (772) 873-6312 for more information.
- Memorial Day Service, Monday, May 28, 10 a.m., at Veteran’s Memorial Park.Join us for this special service to honor those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. The United Veterans of Port St. Lucie will provide a moving tribute. Limited seating is available; we suggest that you bring a lawn chair. The event will start promptly at 10 a.m. and is free to the public. All ages are welcome. Call (772) 878-2277 for more information