City of Port St. Lucie Building Department 2017 Accomplishments
- Red Tag Elimination Program
- Public Outreach Videos
- Knowledgeable, Live Concierge
- Comprehensive End-of-Project Surveys
- Customer Service Rating of 9.5
- Highest ISO Rating in the Nation
- 34,245 Permits submitted
- Valuation of all permitted activity - $492.5 million
- Total permit fees collected - $30.3 million
- Permit, Plan Review and Inspections Service Goals
- Average wait time in Permitting - 14 minutes
- Average wait time in Plan Review - 6 minutes
- Average processing timelines for Single-family Permits - 8 working days
- Average processing timeline for Miscellaneous Permits - 24 hours
- Inspection timeline - 24 hours or less
- Appointment Time-Frames for A/C Change-out Inspections
- Number of Stakeholder Meetings - 12
- Management visits to construction projects
- Express Permits
- Online permitting expanded to include Single-family Permits
- Reduced Permit Fees for Online Services
- Phased Permitting
- Architectural Pre-Review Program
- Quality Assurance Evaluations for each Employee monthly
Generators for Assisted Living Facilities and Nursing Homes
On September 16, 2017, Governor Rick Scott issued an emergency action requiring Assisted Living Facilities and Nursing Homes to have backup generators. There are very specific compliance requirements and deadlines.
We ask that you please view:
- Emergency rule from the Agency for Health Care Administration (Nursing Homes).
- Emergency rule form the Department of Elder Affairs (Assisted Living Facilities).
Hire Licensed Contractors!
Have storm damage?
The Building Department has prepared a list to answer questions of “Do You Need a Permit? ”. Please note this list does not contain ALL permit requirements, only a list of most common storm related permits. For all other requirements, please check our website or contact permitting at (772) 871-5132.
Notice to contractors of new single-family construction and additions to single-family dwellings:
Per the Florida Building Code all permits applied for after June 30, 2017 will be subject to New Blower Door Certification Requirements prior to the issuance of the certificate of occupancy. All affidavits are required to be submitted to the inspections division for review. Affidavits can be emailed to Inspections@cityofpsl.com. Please allow 48 hours for review of this document. Document approvals will be posted in PANDA.
Online permits are available to licensed contractors only, per Florida Statute 489.103(7)(c)
Homeowners must personally appear and sign the building permit application in person and satisfy all permitting requirements.