Join our team! If you are looking to work in an environment where your skills and abilities can be utilized yet challenged, where you can contribute your knowledge, and make a difference every day, we want you to bring you on board to work in the City in which you live, learn, work, and play!
- Public Job Postings
- Promotional Job Postings (Note: Only current City of Port St. Lucie employees are eligible to apply.)
The Port St. Lucie Human Resources Department is charged with the vital task of recruiting, hiring, training, motivating and retaining a qualified and diverse workforce, thereby providing quality services to the city’s residents.
Our department is responsible for providing a comprehensive human resource program that includes employment and orientation services; retirement programs; management of employee benefits; maintenance of personnel records; oversight of performance evaluations; and policy development and implementation.
It is the mission of the Human Resources department to provide effective human resources management by developing and implementing policies, programs and services that contribute to the City of Port St Lucie and its employees by:
- Properly balancing the needs of all city employees and the needs of the city
- Ensuring a diverse workforce a safe/healthful and discrimination/harassment free
- Maintain compliance with employment laws and government regulations
- Providing management and employee training
- Developing policies and procedures
- Hiring the most qualified and suitable applicants for its positions
- Retaining our valued employees
- Giving inspiration and encouragement to all employees through morale and recognition
- Communicating and giving constant feedback
- Providing a competitive compensation and benefits program
- Being “TRUE LEADERS” within the workplace
- Respecting employees values
- Demonstrating a caring and fair attitude and a sense of urgency
- Being able to provide our employees a balanced work environment with equal opportunity for learning, personal growth, creativity and innovation
- Giving the same concern and respect to all within the workplace
We will ensure this by making sure the Human Resources staff has the tools, training and motivation to operate in the most efficient manner. By being a strategic partner with all management and administrators, by creating a “Team work” philosophy that is inspired by all, and will treat employees with dignity and equality while maintaining city compliance with all employment and labor laws, city directives and all labor agreements.
The staff of the Human Resources department will meet our mission with enthusiasm, simplicity and self-confidence.
Best Places to Work
The City of Port St. Lucie has earned the Best Place to Work award nine times from the St. Lucie County Human Resource Association, for providing a first-class work environment for city employees. The awards won for years 2003-2009 as well as 2015-2017.
The award is given to local employers whose personnel practices are considered the best in the county. Employers are evaluated based on the number of employees, and with more than 1,100 workers, Port St. Lucie is considered a leader in establishing a professional working environment.