- ATM Security
- Auto Burglary Prevention
- Bicycle Law
- Bicycle Safety
- Bullying and Cyber Bullying
- Business Watch
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Drug Paraphernalia
- Gun Safety in the Home
- Holiday Crime Prevention Tips
- Home Security
- Identity Theft
- Juvenile Restorative Justice Initiative
- Neighborhood Watch
- Reporting Suspicious Activity
- Scams and Fraud Prevention
- Severe Weather Safety
- Telemarketing Fraud
- Terrorism Awareness
- Traffic Safety Awareness
- Vial of L.I.F.E.
Fraud and scam prevention resources
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Florida Attorney General
- FTC - Identity Theft
- FTC - On Guard Online Safety
- FTC - Scams and Identity Theft
- Stolen Identity Refund Fraud - Victim Information
Home security checks
Is your home secured? The Port St. Lucie Police Department will provide you a FREE security check. All you have to do is ask. Your professional security survey by a trained crime prevention specialist takes only 30-45 minutes and includes information and suggestions on the following:
- Proper exterior lighting
- How placement of shrubbery and landscaping can improve the safety of your home
- How to properly secure doors, windows and sliding glass doors
- Security system options
For more information, contact:
Port St. Lucie Police Department
Crime Prevention Specialist
NEVER give out personal information such as your name, home address, school name or telephone number in a chat room or on a bulletin boards. Also, never send a picture of yourself to someone you chat with on the computer without your parent's permission.
NEVER write to someone who has made you feel uncomfortable or scared.
DO NOT meet someone or have them visit you without the permission of your parents.
TELL your parents right away if you read anything on the Internet that makes you feel uncomfortable.
REMEMBER that people online may not be who they say they are. Someone who says that "SHE" is a "12-YEAR-OLD GIRL" could really be an older man.