To be the exemplary professional public procurement department.
The Procurement Management Department provides a purchasing system that ensures integrity and fairness, with centralized responsibility for solicitation, contract, vendor selection, negotiation, contract management, surplus property, and emergency logistical support for the benefit of the City of Port St. Lucie and its citizens.
The internet approach to publicize bid opportunities will help reach the goal of this department which is to ensure that all vendors can participate in the bidding process fairly and openly, while encouraging competition within the vendor community in order to obtain for the City, quality goods and services at the most competitive prices for taxpayers. We invite all businesses to participate in the City’s purchasing process.
The listing of bid openings is provided as a public service and is not intended to be a formal advertisement for bids. Consequently, it may not represent a complete or accurate listing of all outstanding solicitations, and it will not always reflect changes in dates and/or times for a bid to be opened or for cancellations of solicitations.
To receive a copy of a bid package, go to www.DemandStar.com or call (772) 871-5223.
- Florida Association of Public Purchasing Officers Award for Excellence in Public Procurement (2004-2018)
- Florida Association of Public Purchasing Officers Best Practices in Public Procurement Award (2008 and Honorable Mention, 2009, 2010 and 2013)
- Florida Association of Public Purchasing Officers Outstanding Purchasing Award (2000)
- National Institute of Government Purchasing Outstanding Agency Accreditation Achievement Award, OA4 (2003–2018)
- National Purchasing Institute Achievement of Excellence in Procurement Award (2003-2016)
- Universal Public Procurement Certification Award—Sterling (2010–2017)
- National Institute of Government Purchasing Innovations in Public Procurement Award (2010)