Keep Port St. Lucie Beautiful has been making our city shine for over 16 years. From beautifying neighborhoods to our Adopt a Street program, the foundation of neighborhood oriented government, we are always at the forefront of beautification and urban transformation.
Engaging individuals to take greater responsibility for improving their community environments.
As a recognized leader in community improvement, Keep America Beautiful is guided by these principles:
- Education: This is the key to encouraging positive behaviors toward community improvement.
- Individual Responsibility: Improving communities, their environment, and quality of life all begins with personal responsibility—individuals becoming more engaged as citizens and stewards of the environment.
- Public-Private Partnerships: Broad-based community alliances are essential to achieve sustainable community improvement.
- Volunteer Action: By engaging volunteers we extend the reach of our education and multiply the impact of our actions.
Applying These Principles
KPSLB puts these principles into action in the following ways:
- Litter prevention (Adopt-a-Street Program, Clean-Up Day, Litter Hotline)
- Beautification and community improvement; tree plantings, including a tree-canopy assessment and master tree-planting plan; tree give-a-ways; local television programming.
- Minimizing the impacts of waste on the community (Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day); and Single Stream Recycling.
- Minimizing the impacts of waste on water quality in lakes, wetlands and rivers (Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day and anti-litter campaigns).
The Keep Port St. Lucie Beautiful (KPSLB) Committee consists of 9 members who serve on a voluntary, unpaid basis. The committee is assisted by a full-time Public Works employee who serves as the coordinator to the committee.
The KPSLB Committee addresses issues that relate to the physical and visual aspects of our community’s environment and shows individuals how they can personally and directly impact that environment through their own actions.
The Committee plans various meetings and special events to build environmental awareness and encourage volunteer efforts for litter pick-up, landscape beautification, and the proper disposal of household chemicals. Call (772) 873-6312 if you are interested in learning more about our programs.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have:
Email Anna Marie Colonnese
Special Projects Coordinator
450 S.W. Thornhill Drive
Port St. Lucie, FL 34984
Phone: (772) 873-6312
Fax: (772) 871-5185
Sponsorship and Donations
The Port St. Lucie Community supports KPSLB through sponsorships and donations. Lean more information about Sponsors and Donations.
Recycle Cell Phones
Keep Port St. Lucie Beautiful has partnered with Call2Recycle since 2006 to collect cell phones and rechargeable batteries. The Call2recycle company sends empty boxes and once the boxes are full we ship them back to the company for recycling. There is no charge to KPSLB. It is convenient for the employees and the residents to recycle phones and rechargeable batteries year round. KPSLB places recycling boxes at several City locations.
Drop off locations:
- City Hall, Building A, 121 SW Port St. Lucie Blvd., Port St. Lucie, FL 34984
- City Hall Building B, Public Works Department, 121 SW Port St. Lucie Blvd., Port St. Lucie, FL 34984
- Community Center at 2195 SE Airoso Blvd., Port St. Lucie, FL 34984
Keep Port St. Lucie Beautiful Community Appearance Index Results
Keep Port St. Lucie Beautiful has recently completed the Community Appearance Index for the City of Port St. Lucie with the assistance of two volunteer residents. The Keep America Beautiful Community Appearance Litter Index is a tool used to visually assess the overall appearance of the various neighborhoods. This is done through indicators such as litter, illegal signs, graffiti, abandoned/junk vehicles and outside storage.
The amount of litter in a community is rated on a scale from 1 to 4, with 4 being extremely littered and 1 being minimal to no litter. Port St. Lucie received a 1.35 rating, which equates to being slightly littered. This rating has increased very little from 2016. Eliminating litter in this City is a priority, and has recently been included in the City’s Strategic Plan.
Keep Port St. Lucie Beautiful continues to engage individuals to take greater responsibility for improving their community surroundings. Through education, litter prevention programs and the Adopt-a-Street program, residents see the many benefits in helping to maintain a clean and litter-free environment. The City addresses the litter conditions reported through the litter hotline, the City app and requests for litter removal from the community. There are many processes in place, including enforcing City codes and ordinances, to protect the health, safety and welfare of the community.
Keep Port St. Lucie Beautiful would like to thank Rachel and Terry Rockwell for volunteering with assessing the litter index this year. We would also like to thank the residents and volunteers who continue to support our efforts in helping keep our City litter-free and beautiful.