Floresta Corridor Master Plan
Southbend to Prima Vista
Improvements to the Floresta Drive corridor are a priority for the City Council, and at the 2017 Summer Retreat, Council directed staff to model the corridor from a traffic standpoint for both a 2-lane and 4-lane roadway section. The new modeling was performed, and it included the new Crosstown Parkway Extension Project connection to U.S. Highway 1 at Village Green Drive, for the projected traffic volumes in the year 2037. The results/ recommendations were presented to City Council on Oct. 31, 2017 for consideration. From the results of the new modeling, staff and the consultant have prepared a Conceptual Improvement Plan for the Floresta Drive Corridor from Southbend to Prima Vista Boulevard.
Goals for the Corridor
- Accommodate projected traffic volumes while minimizing impacts to adjacent properties and neighborhoods
- Provide improvements to the corridor that facilitate safe and efficient flow of traffic and minimize points of conflict
- Preserve the residential nature of the corridor
- Strengthen a sense of neighborhood along the corridor through implementation of a Complete Street Concept
- Enhance pedestrian and bicycle movements and strengthen their connections to the school
- Introduce landscaping and lighting schemes that are in harmony with the community
- Meet Goal 5 of the City of Port St Lucie Strategic plan, “High Quality Infrastructure and Facilities”
Construction Plans for Wawa on Prima Vista Blvd.
Address: 264 NE Prima Vista Blvd, Port St Lucie, FL 34983
The new Wawa will be located on the SW corner of Prima Vista Blvd. and Floresta Dr.