Keep Port St. Lucie Beautiful
For more than 15 years, Keep Port St. Lucie Beautiful has been making our city shine. From helping neighborhoods organize cleanups to our Adopt a Street program, the foundation of neighborhood oriented government, we are always at the forefront of beautification and urban transformation.
Recycle, Reuse, Replant
It’s an easy way to remember the goals of Keep Port St. Lucie Beautiful (KPSLB), along with its efforts to bring the community together to protect and preserve the environment.
Taking its lead from Keep Florida Beautiful and Keep America Beautiful, Keep Port St. Lucie Beautiful aims to improve our quality of life through education, beautification, and litter control.
Engaging individuals to take greater responsibility for improving their community environments.
As a recognized leader in community improvement, Keep America Beautiful is guided by these principles:
- Education: This is the key to encouraging positive behaviors toward community improvement
- Individual Responsibility: Improving communities, their environment, and quality of life all begins with personal responsibility—individuals becoming more engaged as citizens and stewards of the environment
- Public-Private Partnerships: Broad-based community alliances are essential to achieve sustainable community improvement
- Volunteer Action: By engaging volunteers we extend the reach of our education and multiply the impact of our actions
Applying these principles
KPSLB puts these principles into action in the following ways:
- Litter prevention (Adopt-a-Street program, Clean-Up Day, Litter Hotline)
- Beautification and community improvement; tree plantings, including a tree-canopy assessment and master tree-planting plan; tree give-a-ways; local television programming.
- Minimizing the impacts of waste on the community (Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day); and Single Streamrecycling.
- Minimizing the impacts of waste on water quality in lakes, wetlands and rivers (Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day and anti-litter campaigns)
- Partnering with FDOT and Keep America Beautiful on the Adopt-a-Highway program, removing litter from state highways a minimum of four times a year.
- The KPSLB Committee addresses issues that relate to the physical and visual aspects of our community’s environment and shows individuals how they can personally and directly impact that environment through their own actions.
- The Committee plans various meetings and special events to build environmental awareness and encourage volunteer efforts for litter pick-up, landscape beautification, and the proper disposal of household chemicals. Call 873-6312 if you are interested in learning more.
Sponsorship and Donations
The Port St. Lucie Community supports KPSLB through sponsorships and donations. Our 2015 sponsors have donated from $100 to over $1,000 each. Check out our information regarding Sponsors and Donations.
Recycle Cell Phones
Keep Port St. Lucie Beautiful has partnered with Call2Recycle since 2006 to collect cell phones and rechargeable batteries. The Call2recycle company sends us empty boxes and once the boxes are full we ship them back to the company for recycling. There is no charge to KPSLB. It is convenient for the employees and the residents to recycle phones and rechargeable batteries year round. KPSLB places recycling boxes at several City locations.
January 2016 to November 2016
58 Lbs. batteries,
22 cell phones
January 2006 to November 2016
794 Lbs. batteries,
138 cell phones
Drop off locations:
- City Hall, Building A, 121 SW Port St. Lucie Blvd., Port St. Lucie, FL 34984
- City Hall Building B, Public Works Department, 121 SW Port St. Lucie Blvd., Port St. Lucie, FL 34984
- Community Center at 2195 SE Airoso Blvd., Port St. Lucie, FL 34984