The City and PSL Rocks Facebook group are kicking off a public-engagement campaign called PSL Rocks “the City.” This is how you can participate:
- Attend the City’s St. Patrick’s Day Festival on March 18th at the Port St. Lucie Civic Center. Following the St. Patrick’s Day parade at noon, the City will open a rock painting table for attendees to paint three rocks. We will ask the artists to provide two of their rocks for the City to hide somewhere in Port St. Lucie’s 40 public parks and recreational facilities. (They will get to take the third rock home to hide where they like!)
- The City will hide all of the rocks collected during the Festival in City parks and recreational facilities. Since they were painted at the St. Patrick’s Day Festival, ten of those rocks will be “lucky” and worth a prize. Explore the City’s parks and look for the painted rocks. A full list of parks and recreation facilities can be found here: http://www.cityofpsl.com/parks-recreation/parks-map.html
- Once you find a painted rock, download PSL’s free Access PSL App. Take a photo of your rock and upload it to the App. Select the report type: PSL Rocks the City. You will receive and email letting you know if your rock was one of the pre-selected lucky winners or if you should keep hunting. Winners will receive instructions on how and when to claim their prize.
- Winners will be recognized during a Port St. Lucie City Council meeting and receive their prize.
- After you’ve found a rock (lucky or not) drop it off at Port St. Lucie City Hall, the Port St. Lucie Community Center, Port St. Lucie Civic Center, or the Minsky Gym. All of the rocks collected this year will then be made into a public art sculpture as a part of the City’s history and be displayed in a public place within the City!
The City of Port St. Lucie appreciates the participation of PSL Rocks and the local business sponsors. If you are interested in sponsoring the campaign, please call 772-871-5219 or email email@example.com.