Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection Division
The Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection Division
(D&C) is comprised of the Utility Systems' various field
operations work units.
The Water Distribution side of this division has three
- Water Installation—Installation of residential
water service lines and water meters.
- Water Preventative Maintenance—Maintenance and
repair water of meters, water valves, fire hydrants, air
release valves, and all other appurtenances that comprise
the water distribution system.
- Meter Reader—Water meter reading (manual and
radio) and water meter account work orders consisting of
re-reads, leak checks, new customer account meter turn-ons,
and delinquent account shut-offs.
The Wastewater Collection group is subdivided into four work
- Sewer Installation—Installation of sewer service
lines, Septic Tank Effluent Pump (STEP) systems and grinder
- Sewer Preventive Maintenance—Maintenance and
repair of sewer mains, sewer valves, air release valves,
residential STEP and grinder systems, and all other
appurtenances that comprise the collection system.
- Lift Station—Repairs, preventative maintenance,
and rehabilitations of all city-owned lift stations and
commercial grinder systems.
- Inflow and Infiltration—Gravity sewer main
inspections and cleaning, point repairs, and manhole