The Parks & Recreation Calendar shows events and programs hosted by the Parks & Recreation Department.
Leisure Time Magazine: a catalog of events, programs, classes, parks and more that the Parks & Recreation Department has to offer.
Opioid Epidemic Awareness Public Forum
- Date: 06/20/2020 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Location: Community Center
2195 S.E. Airoso Blvd.
Port St. Lucie, Florida 34984
The City invites you to attend this free Opioid Epidemic Awareness Public Forum.
Fact: 10.3 million people misused prescription opioids in 2018 (source: 2019 National Survey on Drug Use and Health, Mortality in the United States, 2018).
- History of opioids
- What is addiction?
- How to detect signs of an opioid use disorder
- What to do if a family member/loved one has an opioid use disorder, including potential treatment options
- Sharing of recent PSLPD statistics regarding overdoses, demographics of those affected in the City
- Sharing of SLC Medical Examiner's Report on opioid overdoses and related fatalities
- One family member's perspective after losing a son to an opioid overdose
RSVP by email email@example.com or 772-878-2277.