This calendar shows all City community events and public meetings.
Opioid Epidemic Awareness Public Forum
- Date: 08/29/2020 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Location: Minsky Gym
750 S.W. Darwin Blvd.
Port St. Lucie, Florida 34953
The City invites you to attend this free Opioid Epidemic Awareness Public Forum.
Fact: 10.3 million people misused prescription opioids in 2018 (source: 2019 National Survey on Drug Use and Health, Mortality in the United States, 2018).
- History of opioids
- What is addiction?
- How to detect signs of an opioid use disorder
- What to do if a family member/loved one has an opioid use disorder, including potential treatment options
- Sharing of recent PSLPD statistics regarding overdoses, demographics of those affected in the City
- Sharing of SLC Medical Examiner's Report on opioid overdoses and related fatalities
- One family member's perspective after losing a son to an opioid overdose
RSVP by email email@example.com or 772-878-2277.