Learn about the Floresta Drive Corridor Master Plan at Public Information Meeting
What: Public Information Meeting on the Floresta Corridor Master Plan
When: Wednesday, January 24, 2018, 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Where: Port St. Lucie Community Center, 2195 SE Airoso Blvd.
Why: Residents and community members are invited to learn about proposed improvements to Floresta Drive, from Southbend Boulevard to Prima Vista Boulevard, and give suggestions and input during a public information meeting. This meeting will introduce the “Floresta Corridor Master Plan,” which includes a 2-lane roadway design with bike lanes, sidewalks, landscaping and lighting. This will be the first of two planned informational meetings about the master plan to gather public input on the design. The second meeting is scheduled for March 28, 2018. Details about the plan can be found at http://www.cityofpsl.com/government/departments/public-works/projects/floresta-corridor-master-plan.
Goals for this project include:
- Accommodating projected traffic volumes, while minimizing impacts to adjacent properties and neighborhoods;
- Providing improvements to the corridor that facilitate a safe and efficient flow of traffic and minimizes points of conflict;
- Strengthening a sense of neighborhood along the corridor through implementation of a Complete Street concept;
- Enhancing pedestrian and bicycle movements and strengthening their connections to the school;
- Introducing landscaping and lighting schemes that are in harmony with the community.
At the meeting on Jan. 24, citizens also will have an opportunity to learn about the City’s Neighborhood Improvement and Community Engagement program and vote on proposed official names for the neighborhoods near the Floresta corridor.