Get into the Fall feeling with abundance of events
PORT ST. LUCIE, FL – Hayrides, bonfires, costume contests and, of course, candy! The City of Port St. Lucie has an abundance of seasonal activities in the upcoming weeks that will help residents and visitors get into the Fall feeling. With events planned for toddlers to teens to adults, our guide will help plan for Halloween and beyond.
- Friday, Oct. 5, 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.; and Saturday, Oct. 6, 2 p.m. to 10 p.m., PSL Civic Center, 9221 SE Civic Center Pl.
- The City of Port St. Lucie invites you to experience Oktoberfest, a celebration of German culture at the Civic Center. This event will be held “under a big tent” just like in Munich, Germany. Please come out and join us for our annual Brat-eating contest, Stein-holding competition, Beer Garden, bounce houses and other fun activities throughout the two-day event. Admission is free. There will be kids’ activities, authentic German beer and food, live entertainment and much more. Contact: (772) 878-2277.
Special Needs Dance (Halloween Themed)
- Wednesday, Oct. 10, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Port St. Lucie Community Center, 2195 SE Airoso Blvd.
- Come put on your dancing shoes and enjoy the Parks & Recreation Department’s Special Needs themed dances that happen every other month. These dances are held at the Port St. Lucie Community Center and are for special needs guests and their caregivers to have a fun themed night dancing. This month’s dance will have a special, spooky Halloween theme. There is a $5 fee. Ages 15 and older. Contact: (772) 807-4499.
Haunted House Time
- Thursday, Oct. 25, 10:30 a.m. to noon, Minsky Gym, 750 SW Darwin Blvd.
- A favorite event among PSL’s youngest residents – there will be Halloween snacks and lots of spooky fun. Kids, remember to wear your costumes! And parents, remember to bring your cameras to capture the spooky festivities! Participation by parents is greatly encouraged.For ages 1 to 5 (with parent or guardian), and the cost is $3.00 per child. Contact: (772) 344-4142.
Fall Fun Fest
- Friday, Oct. 26, 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.; Saturday, Oct. 27, noon to 10 p.m.; and Sunday, Oct. 28, 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. Port St. Lucie Civic Center.
- This event is fun for the whole family and is held outside the Port St. Lucie Civic Center. Trick or Treating and the very popular annual costume contest will be Saturday, Oct. 27, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Costumes will be judged on creativity and originality and prizes will be awarded to the winners in each age group. There also will be a midway carnival, food booths, arts and crafts and much more. Admission is free. Contact: (772) 878-2277.
BOOtanical Halloween – Trick or Treat Ramble in The Gardens
- Wednesday, Oct. 31, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., Port St. Lucie Botanical Gardens, 2410 SE Westmoreland Blvd.
- Spend Halloween night trick-or-treating among nature. Trick or Treat in the secure and serene Port St. Lucie Botanical Gardens. Join ghosts, ghouls & goblins in their search for goodies, candies and more and have fun as you take a journey on our Haunted Hayride. This is a free event and is open to children ages 0 to 13 years old and their families. Children MUST be accompanied by an adult. No drop-offs. Contact 772-337-1959.
Bonfire & Hayride
- Saturday, Nov. 10, 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., McCarty Ranch Preserve, 12525 Range Line Rd.
- Fun for all ages! Bring your partner and all the little buckaroos, too. There will be live music by Tail Gate Shakedown, a petting zoo, pony rides, horseback riding, fishing tournament and hayrides for everybody. Food will be available for purchase. FREE admission. Contact (772) 878-2277.