Your Half-Cent Sales Tax Dollars at Work! St. Lucie West intersection improvements underway
Work now underway for improvements on St. Lucie West Boulevard intersections
What: St. Lucie West Boulevard intersection improvements funded by the Half-Cent Sales Tax approved by voters in 2018.
When: Work on the intersections will be ongoing throughout 2019 and is expected to be complete in April 2020. Drivers are asked to use caution when traveling through the construction zones and to expect delays in these areas from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Some nighttime work may occur also, as needed.
St. Lucie West Blvd. /Peacock Blvd. Intersection – improvements include:
- Lengthen right turn lane and left turn lane on west bound SLW Blvd. at Peacock Blvd.
- Lengthen dual-left turn lanes southbound on Peacock Blvd. at SLW Blvd.
SLW Blvd / Cashmere Blvd Intersection – improvements include:
- New right turn lane east bound St. Lucie West Blvd. at Cashmere Blvd.
- Second left turn lane north bound Cashmere Blvd. at St. Lucie West Blvd.
Prima Vista Blvd / Bayshore Blvd Intersection – improvements include:
- New right turn lane south bound Bayshore Blvd. at Prima Vista Blvd.
- Second straight through lane south bound on Bayshore Blvd. at Prima Vista Blvd.
- North Macedo Blvd. will be permanently closed at Bayshore Blvd.
Why: In November 2018, a majority of voters in St. Lucie County approved a new half-cent sales tax to fund better roads, more sidewalks and cleaner rivers. These St. Lucie West Blvd. intersection improvements are among the projects that will be funded by the sales tax in the City of Port St. Lucie. For more information about each project, timelines and monthly updates, please visit www.cityofpsl.com/salestax.