2020 Citizen Summit – Your feedback will shape the vision for PSL’s future
Fun, interactive activities for all ages
PORT ST. LUCIE – The City of Port St. Lucie invites residents and community members to focus on the future at the 2020 Citizen Summit on February 29, 2020, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and share their ideas to shape our community. The 2020 Citizen Summit allows citizens to play a key role in identifying, discussing, and prioritizing Port St. Lucie’s future strategic goals. The event will be held at PSL’s Community Center at 2195 SE Airoso Blvd, Port St. Lucie, FL 34984.
This is not your ordinary public meeting, citizens can drop in anytime and walk through interactive booths to find out what is planned for their community and learn how they can get involved. Those who provide feedback will receive a T-shirt, a pair of sunglasses, and other giveaways, while supplies last.
This free, interactive event allows citizens to give direct feedback about the City’s future through games and one-on-one conversations. Attendees will be given a roadmap to the seven stations that correspond to the City’s seven strategic goals. Every participant will be given $100 in play money to identify and prioritize where their taxpayer dollars should be spent. This allows the City Council to see residents’ priorities when forming this year’s strategic plan update.
“PSL’s Future in Focus” is this year’s theme, and the public can help define a vision and outline how City employees and City Council can bring that vision for the future to life. So, tell us what is important to you; The City’s strategic goals are: Safe, clean and beautiful; vibrant neighborhoods; quality education for all residents; diverse economy and employment opportunities; high-quality infrastructure and facilities; culture, nature, and fun activities; and high performing government organizations.
City employees will also showcase what was accomplished since last year’s Citizen’s Summit, including:
- Port St. Lucie continues to be the “Safest Large Florida City” for the 9th year in a row.
- The City’s long-term debt has been reduced by 25.9%.
- Crosstown Parkway bridge opened to traffic, adding a new PSL east-west connector road.
- Projects funded by the voter-approved Half Cent Sales Tax were prioritized by the City Council based on input from the annual Citizen’s Survey and Citizen Summit.
- Established Cleveland Clinic as one of our regional hospitals and partnered with Australian biotech firm, the Vaxine Group, to open the Cleveland Clinic Florida Research and Innovation Center.
- The city created a music concert series after the survey revealed there was demand in the community for these types of events. More than 2,000 tickets were sold for the multi-platinum classic rock band Styx which performed on Saturday, February 1, 2020.
The City wants to hear from residents of all ages, so bring your children and teens with you. There will be activities geared to get their specific feedback also. Other activities planned for this year’s event include a Police Department speeding prevention simulator and virtual reality experience, fishing, putt-putt golf, and exercise demonstrations. Complimentary refreshments will be catered by Northport K-8 School. Please visit http://www.CityofPSL.com/CitizenSummit as the date approaches to learn more about the activities and giveaways.