City of PSL Advisory #8 on COVID-19
PORT ST. LUCIE – The City continues to adapt to the evolving situation regarding the COVID-19 virus. As of 2 p.m. Wednesday, March 25, 2020, the City of Port St. Lucie had these updates:
Utility Systems Department:
Customers can be assured that tap water provided by the City of Port St. Lucie continues to be safe to use and drink during this time. Our water treatment plants are operating normally, meeting all Federal and State requirements. Plant operators are essential employees dedicated to providing a supply of clean, safe, and great tasting drinking water to our more than 75,000 customers. READ MORE from the Environmental Protection Agency regarding the safety of tap water.
Customers can communicate with Utility Systems in several ways:
- By calling (772) 873-6400, 24/7
- By emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, monitored 7 days/week
- Live Chat, Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., go to https://utility.cityofpsl.com/ on your device and click on “LIVE CHAT” on the right side of your screen to speak with a Connection Support representative
Envelope holders have been installed on payment drop boxes for the convenience of our customers.
Utility Systems customers have four ways to pay your utility bill:
- Online with check, credit or debit cards at https://utility.cityofpsl.com/
- Checks and money orders can be left in the 2 Drop boxes outside of City Hall, 121 SW Port St. Lucie Blvd.
- Pay by phone, 24/7 at (772) 873-6400
- Mail your payment to PO Box 8987, Port St. Lucie, FL 34985
Only flush toilet paper and human waste. Flushing wipes, paper towels, diapers, etc. will cause a clog and possible backup into your home. Read complete list of items you should not flush.
At this time, all Waste Pro commercial and residential collection services remain fully operational. However, Waste Pro is experiencing a significant spike in the amount of trash and yard waste being set out. The City is asking all residents to stop placing large piles of trash and debris including yard waste out for collection as customers may experience delays with pickup. Waste Pro is requesting that residents bag as much trash and debris as possible to lessen any potential contact with the Covid-19 virus. Please call Waste Pro at 595-9390 with questions or concerns.
Saints Golf Course:
The Saints’ goal is to provide our community a safe place to enjoy some outdoor recreation and find a respite during this difficult time.
- Carts are power washed and disinfected with a Clorox/water mixture after each use.
- Beginning 3/24, if requested, customers may take a single cart.
- All volunteer staffing has been discontinued until further notice.
- Pro Shop closes at 5pm.
- Our practice in the golf shop for accepting payment has been modified to adhere to social distancing protocol. When a customer approaches the counter, our “gloved” staff member steps away from the counter. After placing his or her payment on the counter, the customer steps away and allows our staff member to process the transaction. We have denoted an area on the carpet to provide the suggested 6 ft. of social distancing.
- Staff disinfects counter after each transaction.
- Every ½ hour, staff sanitizes key “touch points”, to include door handles, computers, phones, etc.
- Driving Range is closed
- All golf carts must be in by 6 p.m. for cleaning and sanitizing.
- Maintenance has set up a disinfectant station, where all equipment will be properly disinfected after use.
- Maintenance staff has placed foam inserts into cups, so customers do not have to reach into cup or touch the flagstick. Golfers should not remove flagsticks.
- Bunker rakes have been removed. Please play “preferred lies” in the bunkers and do your best to smooth out the sand when leaving.
- Water coolers have been removed from the golf course due to health and safety precautions. At the start of their play, water is available for players and the same remains true at the turn.
- Golf ball washers have been removed from the course.
- The 19th Hole Restaurant has closed as a result of the Governor’s Executive Order. Snacks and non-alcoholic beverages can be purchased in the Pro Shop. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Residents are encouraged to download the 1PSL app to stay connected with Port St. Lucie’s City Hall – no matter the time or day. Citizens can use the 1PSL mobile app to request services, pay their utility bill, ask questions, and learn about City news and updates. The new 1PSL mobile app is free on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. Those who prefer to use the telephone can call 772-871-1775 (1PSL) at any time of the day and reach a 1PSL navigator who can assist with questions or requests. For those who prefer to use their computer, the 1PSL web portal can be accessed at www.cityofpsl.com/1PSL.
Website and Social Media:
The City’s COVID-19 webpage https://www.cityofpsl.com/covid19 is accessible with all relevant information. The City’s Facebook page @CityofPSL and the City’s Twitter page, @CityPortStLucie and NextDoor App page also will have up-to-the-minute information.