City of PSL Advisory #20 on COVID-19
PORT ST. LUCIE – The City continues to adapt to the evolving situation regarding the COVID-19 virus. As of 3 p.m. Friday, May 22, 2020, the City of Port St. Lucie had these updates:
Waste Pro Reminder: Waste Pro wishes its customers a safe Memorial Day weekend. Monday, May 25, Memorial Day, is a regular collection day for all services. Please have all waste out for pickup no later than 7 a.m. on your scheduled collection day. For your convenience, waste may be set out the night before your collection day. If customers experience a delay in collection, please contact Waste Pro (772) 595-9390.
2020 Virtual Memorial Day Service: The City of Port St. Lucie and our local veterans’ groups did not want COVID-19 to stop us from honoring those who have served our country this Memorial Day. We have teamed up to create a virtual ceremony. This year's Memorial Day Service is taking place online as a pre-recorded memorial service organized by United Veterans of Port St. Lucie and the City of Port St. Lucie. Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt. Vince LaValle will join Port St. Lucie Mayor Gregory J. Oravec in welcoming viewers. This online event will include a rifle salute, the national anthem, resounding of taps and more taken from our 2019 event. You can watch it at 10 a.m. on Monday, May 25, at: The City's Facebook Page, YouTube Channel & PSL-TV20. Cable customers can tune in to AT&T U-Verse Channel 99, Comcast Channel 20, and Blue Stream Fiber Channel 20.You can watch TV20 online from any mobile device: www.cityofpsl.com/tv.
Parks & Recreation Openings: Port St. Lucie’s Parks & Recreation Department announced several openings this week. These were:
The driving range at The Saints golf course has re-opened.
Outdoor Fitness Stations also reopened to the public, they are located at:
- Jessica Clinton Park, 3200 SE Southbend Blvd.
- Woodland Trails Neighborhood Park, 1485 SW Calmar Avenue
- Crosstown Parkway/east of Bayshore Blvd., and,
- Crosstown Parkway and Floresta
- Woodstork Trail, located at 1957 SE Hillmoor Drive
- Along Midport Lake, located at 2010 SE Veterans Memorial Parkway
Both of the City's fitness centers have re-opened to the public in a modified structure:
- Members only can call to reserve a specific hour, each day they wish to utilize either Community Fitness & Wellness Center or the Humana Fitness & Wellness Center.
- Members may only reserve one day at a time, and may not call and reserve, for example, the 6:00 -7:00 a.m. time slot on Monday, Wednesday & Friday of the upcoming week. Each caller may make only one reservation for themselves and one reservation for one other person. Each caller must speak to a live person and must receive their reservation number and time slot for reservation verification.
- Drop in’s will be worked into the schedule as space is available. No telephone reservations will be accepted for non-members.
- Staff will print the caller’s first & last name in the hour requested not to exceed 12 persons per hour at Community Fitness and 20 persons per hour at Humana Fitness (as determined by social distancing recommendations).
- No personal training will be offered at this time.
- Fitness classes and the Rock Steady Boxing program will not resume at this time
Humana Fitness & Wellness Center: 772-807-4499. Hours of operation are:
- Monday–Thursday: 6 a.m. – 9 p.m. Under this modified re-opening, this center will be closed from 2 to 3 p.m. on Monday through Thursday, to allow for the disinfecting/sanitization of equipment. No reservations will be accepted from 2 to 3 p.m.
- Friday: 6 a.m. – 8 p.m. Under this modified re-opening, this center will be closed from 2 to 3 p.m. on Friday, to allow for the disinfecting/sanitization of equipment. No reservations will be accepted from 2 to 3 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday: 7:30 a.m. -6 p.m. Under this modified re-opening, this center will be closed from 1 to 2 p.m. on Saturday & Sunday, to allow for the disinfecting/sanitization of equipment. No reservations will be accepted from 1 to 2 p.m.
For members who wish to reserve the 6 a.m. hour slot on weekdays, or the 7:30 a.m. hour slot on Saturday or Sunday, members may begin calling at 5 p.m. the evening prior.
Community Fitness & Wellness Center: 772-873-6432
Entrance through Community Center front doors only. Users are encouraged to utilize front parking lot. Hours of operation are:
- *Monday – Friday: 5:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. Under this modified re-opening, this center will be closed from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. on Monday through Friday, to allow for the disinfecting/sanitization of equipment. No reservations will be accepted from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.
- *Saturday – Sunday: 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. noon.
- For members who wish to reserve the 5:30 a.m. hour slot on weekdays, or the 8 a.m. hour slot on Saturdays, they may begin calling at 5 p.m. the evening prior. For the 8 a.m. hour slot on Sunday only, members may begin calling at 10 a.m. noon on Saturdays.
*The normal hours of operation at the Community Fitness & Wellness Center are Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Saturday/Sunday are 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. For this modified re-opening, we are adjusting the hours to be Monday through Friday from 5:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., and Saturday/Sunday to be 8 a.m. to 12 noon. Based upon reception of adjusted hours, the City may adopt this revised schedule when the fitness center is allowed to be re-opened to the public without restrictions.
Call from City Hall: The City of Port St. Lucie recognizes that COVID-19 is not only threatening our physical health, but also our emotional and mental well-being. The City has launched a new initiative that aims to help residents feeling the strain of self-isolation with a friendly call from City Hall. A nomination form is available on the City’s website, www.cityofpsl.com/callfromcityhall, which asks residents to nominate an individual to receive a call from the Mayor or City Council member. The form asks for contact information for the individual being nominated, as well as how long they have been a resident of the City and if they have any special occasions coming up, like a birthday or anniversary. A special notes section is included where the nominator can include a special note about the person that the Council Members could incorporate into the conversation. Once the form is filled out, one of the five Council Members will reach out to the nominee within seven days. If you or someone you know needs a little reminder that they are not alone – please fill out the form to receive a friendly call from City Hall.
Residents are encouraged to download the 1PSL app to stay connected with Port St. Lucie’s City Hall – no matter the time or day. Citizens can use the 1PSL mobile app to request services, pay their utility bill, ask questions, and learn about City news and updates. The new 1PSL mobile app is free on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. Those who prefer to use the telephone can call 772-871-1775 (1PSL) at any time of the day and reach a 1PSL navigator who can assist with questions or requests. For those who prefer to use their computer, the 1PSL web portal can be accessed at www.cityofpsl.com/1PSL.
Social Media and Website:
The City’s COVID-19 webpage www.cityofpsl.com/covid19 is accessible with all relevant information. The City’s Facebook page @CityofPSL and the City’s Twitter page, @CityPortStLucie and NextDoor App page also will have up-to-the-minute information.