City of PSL Advisory #22 on COVID-19
PORT ST. LUCIE – The City continues to adapt to the evolving situation regarding the COVID-19 virus. As of 3 p.m. Friday, June 5, 2020, the City of Port St. Lucie had these updates:
Governor’s Phase 2 Plan: On Friday, June 5, 2020, Governor Ron DeSantis issued Executive Order 20-139, for Full Phase 2 of the Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step. Plan for Florida’s Recovery. Read more details here.
COVID-19 Testing Event: St. Lucie County’s Public Safety, in partnership with the Cleveland Clinic Martin Health, Florida Department of Health in St. Lucie County, City of Port St. Lucie, St. Lucie County Sheriff’s Office, Port St. Lucie Police Department, St. Lucie County Fire District and volunteers from Christ Fellowship Church, will offer free drive-through COVID-19 testing at Clover Park, 31 Piazza Drive in Port St. Lucie, from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. June 8 to 10. Testing will take place weather permitting. In the event of inclement weather, testing will be rescheduled. Anyone over the age of 18 who wishes to be tested is encouraged to visit the site. No appointment is needed, and testing is offered regardless of symptoms. More than 600 people were tested for Coronavirus / COVID-19 during the first two days of the weeklong testing event at Clover Park earlier this week. More details can be found here.
Interactive Fountain: The interactive fountain at the MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Event Center will re-open on Monday, June 8. Operating hours: Seven days per week, 10 a.m. to dusk, weather permitting. Please follow all social distancing guidelines.
Parks & Recreation: Below is a quick list of what is opened and what is still suspended or not opened yet. You will find more details about this list at www.cityofpsl.com/covid19 under the Parks & Recreation drop-down menu.
- PSL Community Center & Fitness Center
- Robert E. Minsky Gym
- MIDFLORIDA Event Center Recreation & Humana Fitness & Wellness Center
- The Saints Golf Course & 19th Hole Restaurant and Pub
- All City parks, including playgrounds and outdoor sports courts (with exception of outdoor basketball courts)
- All City Dog Parks
- All park picnic pavilions
- Outdoor fitness stations
- City boat ramps
- 2020 Summer Camp
- Indoor Racquetball at the MIDFLORIDA Event Center Recreation
- Open Play at the MIDFLORIDA Event Center Recreation, Saturdays, from 1 to 6 p.m., and Sundays, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Indoor Pickleball at the MIDFLORIDA Event Center Recreation
- Basketball Mini Camp at Minsky Gym
- Bean Bag Toss at Minsky Gym
- Skills Tournament (includes darts, bean bag toss and putterball) at Minsky Gym
- Open Gym at Minsky Gym, Saturdays and Sundays, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Golf instruction at The Saints Golf Course
- Summer Senior Softball Program
- Line Dance, Zumba, and Stained-Glass at the Community Center
- Karate at the Community Center will resume on 06-08-2020
- Line Dance, Recreation Dance and M & M Sweeties at the MIDFLORIDA Event Center Recreation
- Community Center and MIDFLORIDA Event Center Recreation game rooms
- ALL Community Center and MIDFLORIDA Event Center Recreation senior programs (i.e., bridge, mahjongg, senior social, etc.)
- ALL fitness classes at both the Community Center and MIDFLORIDA Event Center Recreation (will resume as of 06-15-2020)
- Karate at the MIDFLORIDA Event Center Recreation
- Fun & Fit and Pretty Princess Tea Party at the MIDFLORIDA Event Center Recreation
- Summer Junior Basketball Program
- Summer Adult Softball League
- Monthly Garage Sales at Minsky Gym
- Monthly Pizza Jams at Minsky Gym
- ALL Special Events
- Outdoor basketball courts in City parks
Residents are encouraged to download the 1PSL app to stay connected with Port St. Lucie’s City Hall – no matter the time or day. Citizens can use the 1PSL mobile app to request services, pay their utility bill, ask questions, and learn about City news and updates. The new 1PSL mobile app is free on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. Those who prefer to use the telephone can call 772-871-1775 (1PSL) at any time of the day and reach a 1PSL navigator who can assist with questions or requests. For those who prefer to use their computer, the 1PSL web portal can be accessed at www.cityofpsl.com/1PSL.
Social Media and Website
The City’s COVID-19 webpage www.cityofpsl.com/covid19 is accessible with all relevant information. The City’s Facebook page @CityofPSL and the City’s Twitter page, @CityPortStLucie and NextDoor App page also will have up-to-the-minute information.