The Census Bureau has released the latest estimates from the American Community Survey for all cities in Florida with a population of 60,000 or more with sufficient data to estimate the household income inequality.
01/07/2019 9:14 AM
Port St. Lucie has been selected as a top retirement destination in the sixth edition of "America's 100 Best Places to Retire", a comprehensive guidebook of the country's most appealing retirement towns. Editors and staff spent 11 months researching more than 800 cities.
12/18/2018 9:14 AM
Sing a song for the season! Every year the Port St. Lucie Community Band performs its “Holiday Spectacular” concert—a great event for the whole family. And join the Holly Jolly Beach Party for the city’s annual Festival of Lights, including a parade and Christmas tree lighting.
11/29/2018 2:51 PM
The City of Port St. Lucie was recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work” in St. Lucie County – the eleventh year the City has earned this prestigious honor.
10/25/2018 4:40 PM
According to HomeSnacks.net, the City of Port St. Lucie made the #4 spot in the list of top 10 safest cities in America in 2019.
10/02/2018 4:46 PM
The Port St. Lucie area ranked among one of the top 20 best places to retire in the nation, according to a study done by 55Places.com.
10/01/2018 12:05 PM
The Economic Development Council of St. Lucie County, the City of Port St. Lucie and GrowFL are pleased to announce that Expert Shutter Services is among 50 statewide honorees selected for the 2018 Florida Companies to WatchSM.
09/26/2018 3:30 PM
09/26/2018 2:27 PM
09/25/2018 4:20 PM
Using 10 years of crime data from the FBI's Uniform Crime Reporting program, the team at SecurityChoice.com created ‘Comeback Cities: Declining Crime Across the U.S.,’ a piece highlighting the cities across the U.S. that have made major strides in combating crime to become safer cities.
09/19/2018 4:13 PM
The City’s Public Works Department has achieved its fourth prestigious re-accreditation designation from the American Public Works Association – evidence the department is working toward the highest standards for management practices.
08/21/2018 3:42 PM
Port St. Lucie Police Department is giving our officers a much-needed technology upgrade with FirstNet – a groundbreaking new communications platform.
08/06/2018 10:29 AM
The City’s efforts to keep the community informed have been recognized this summer with multiple awards from both state and national organizations.
07/18/2018 2:09 PM
As evidence of the City’s progress on its strategic goal of being a high-performing organization, the Building Officials Association of Florida recently named City of Port St. Lucie employee Condane Rolle as the 2018 Building Inspector of the Year.
07/17/2018 1:27 PM
Among all Florida cities with a population of more than 100,000, Port St. Lucie experienced the lowest number of crimes in 2017, according to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement’s 2017 Uniform Crime Report.
06/22/2018 9:46 AM
The City of Port St. Lucie’s Neighborhood Improvement and Community Engagement (NICE) program was named the nation’s best neighborhood program by Neighborhoods, USA.
05/30/2018 2:10 PM
The City has won seven Awards of Distinction “Communicator Awards” from the Academy of Interactive & Visual Arts (AIVA) for several projects that aimed to keep residents informed and engaged with City government.
05/18/2018 3:28 PM
The City of Port St. Lucie today won two Judges’ Awards and the City’s Communications Manager, Sarah Prohaska, was named Government Communicator of the Year for the Florida Public Relations Association (FPRA) Treasure Coast Chapter Image Awards.
04/20/2018 5:05 PM
WalletHub ranked the City of Port St. Lucie as the 2nd happiest city in Florida and #38 happiest city in the United States.
03/12/2018 4:27 PM
The City of Port St. Lucie this week won three international AVA Awards and one Honorable Mention for excellence in digital communication in 2017.
02/09/2018 11:11 AM
Awards & Recognition by Department
- 2017 Recognized in Best Practices Manual for Noteworthy Practices
- 2016 Building Department Accreditation
- Public Relations Society of America (PRSA), Sunshine District
- Award of Commendation; Hurricane Irma, Utilizing Social Media to Communicate in a Crisis
- Award of Commendation; City Website
- 2018 Communicator Awards by the Academy of Interactive & Visual Arts
- Campaign - Social Media for Marketing Effectiveness; Social Media Crisis Communications Campaign for Hurricane Irma
- Annual Report - General Government for Corporate Communications; A Year in Review: The City Manager's Annual Report
- Employee Publication -Magazine for Corporate Communications; City Manager's Bi-Weekly Report
- Content & Marketing - Promotions & Contests for Social: "Where is Waldo in PSL?"
- Campaign -Promotional for Integrated Campaign-The NICE Program Integrated Marketing Campaign
- Features - Visual Appeal-Aesthetic for Websites; The City News Center
- Website - General Government for Websites; The New Government Website
- 2018 Florida Public Relations Association (FPRA) Treasure Coast Chapter Image Awards
- Judge’s Award: The Year in Review: The City Manager’s Annual Report
- City of PSL’s PIO named: Government Communicator of the Year
- 2018 AVA Digital Awards by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals
- Integrated Digital Marketing Campaign: Platinum – Neighborhood Improvement and Community Engagement (NICE)
- Digital Publication: Platinum – City Manager’s Bi-Weekly Report
- Online/Digital Tools: Gold – Crisis Communication, Hurricane Irma
- City’s Newly Redesigned Website: Honorable Mention
- 2018 Hermes Awards by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals
- Print Media: Gold – A Year in Review: The City Manager’s Annual Report
- Government Website: Honorable Mention
- Crisis Communication Plan – Platinum – Hurricane Irma
- Integrated Marketing Campaign – Gold – The NICE Program
- 2018 National Association of Counties NACo, NACIO
- Websites: Meritorious – “NICE Marketing Campaign”
- Photography: Excellence – “City Photography” – Woodstork Trail
- Graphics Brochures/Publications: Superior – “Budget-in-Brief”
- External Publications: Meritorious – “Bi-Weekly Report”
- Annual Reports: Superior – “A Year in Review: The City Manager’s Annual Report”
- 2018 Davey Awards by the Academy of Interactive & Visual Arts
- Silver Winner: The City of Port St. Lucie’s Government Website
- Silver Winner: The City of Port St. Lucie’s Social Media Features, Overall Social Media Presence
- 2018 APEX Awards for Publication Excellence
- Grand Award for Campaign Program, Plan: The City of Port St. Lucie’s NICE Program, Marketing Campaign
- Award of Excellence for Print Media, Special Purpose: The City of Port St. Lucie’s Strategic Plan, Quarterly Progress Report
- 2018 Videographer Awards
- Distinction Winner: The Agenda Television Production
- Honorable Mention: Port St. Lucie’s Future Starts With You, Event Promotion Video for the Citizen Summit
- 2017 Route Fifty Navigator Awards: Finalist for City University
- 2017 Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) - Sunshine District Radiance Awards: Award of Commendation for Hurricane Matthew Emergency Operations
- 2017 Hermes Creative Awards: Honorable Mention in the Special Event Category for Forum on Race Relations & Inclusion (FRRI)
- 2017 Hermes Creative Awards: Gold Winner in Crisis Communication for Hurricane Matthew Emergency Operations
- 2017 Florida Public Relations Association (FPRA): Judges' Award for the Crosstown Parkway Extension Project Video News Release
- 2017 City Livability's Community Engagement Award: Forum on Race Relations & Inclusion
- 2016 Gold Coast Public Relations Council Bernays Award: Best Crisis Communications for Hurricane Matthew Emergency Operations
- G.F.O.A. (Government Finance Officers Association) “Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting”
- The City of Port St. Lucie Finance Department received the “Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting” for the 2014 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) from the GFOA. The City has received this prestigious award for 23 consecutive years. There are more than 400 municipalities in the State of Florida and the City is one of only 170 to have received this Award.
Human Resources Department
- Florida Department of Health: Healthy Weight Community Champion
- The City's Human Resources Department was recognized by the Florida Department of Health as a Healthy Weight Community Champion (2016 & 2017).
- Florida Tobacco Cessation Alliance: Gold Level Award
- In April 2017, the Florida Tobacco Cessation Alliance presented a Gold Level Award to the City for its commitment and dedication to employees’ health and wellness.
- Best Places to Work St. Lucie County (2003-2009, 2015-2018)
Neighborhood Services Department
- Route Fifty 2017 Navigator Awards Finalist for City University
Office of Management and Budget
- G.F.O.A. (Government Finance Officers Association) “Distinguished Budget Presentation Award”
- The City of Port St. Lucie Office of Management and Budget (OMB) has received the “Distinguished Budget Presentation Award” by the GFOA. The City has earned this annual award for 29 consecutive years.
Parks & Recreation Department
- 2015 TC Palm Reader’s Choice Award – Best Dog Park – Lyngate Dog Park
- 2014 TC Palm Reader’s Choice Award – Best Dog Park – Lyngate Dog Park
- 2014 Macaroni Kid Port St. Lucie Gold Daisy Award – Family-Friendly Festival or Event – 2014 Freedomfest
- 2014 Macaroni Kid Port St. Lucie Gold Daisy Award – Place for Outdoor Fun – Port St. Lucie Civic Center Fountain
- 2014 Hometown News Reader’s Choice Award – Best Public Golf Course-Saints at Port St. Lucie Golf Course
- 2013 Florida Recreation & Park Association Media Excellence Award (renamed Public Relations in 2014) – Electronic – Other – P & R E-newsletter
- 2013 Hometown News Reader’s Choice Award – Best Public Golf Course-Saints at Port St. Lucie Golf Course
- 2013 Hometown News Reader’s Choice Award – Best Public Golf Course-Saints at Port St. Lucie Golf Course
- 2012 Hometown News Reader’s Choice Award – Best Public Golf Course-Saints at Port St. Lucie Golf Course
- 2012 Florida Recreation & Park Association Port St. Lucie Parks & Recreation Volunteer Program
- 2003 Florida Recreation & Park Association Agency Excellence Award
- 2017 Police Department Volunteer Program
- The Port St. Lucie Police Department’s Volunteer Program was honored by the International Association of Chiefs of Police on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 in Pennsylvania, as being a leader in the Law Enforcement Community for our exceptional Volunteer Program. The IACP/BodyWorn Leadership in Law Enforcement Volunteer Programs Award recognizes volunteer programs that demonstrate innovative, effective practices for augmenting sworn or civilian staff and/or improving service delivery to their communities. The goal of the award is to recognize the value that volunteers provide to state and local law enforcement and to institutionalize the theories and practices of the national Volunteers in Police Service (VIPS) Program.
- C.F.A. (Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies)
- In 1997, the agency was awarded state accredited status through C.F.A. Since then the department has been re-accredited an additional 6 times with the most recent award being received in 2016 for “Excelsior” status (meaning highest level of achievement in Florida Accreditation a Criminal Justice Agency can receive).
- C.A.L.E.A. (Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, Inc.)
- In 1991, the Port St. Lucie Police Department was the 193rd law enforcement agency in the United States, and the first in St. Lucie County, to become nationally accredited through C.A.L.E.A. The agency has successfully been awarded re-accreditation 7 times with the most recent award being received in 2016 for “Advanced Meritorious Accreditation” (accredited for 16 consecutive years).
Procurement Management Department
- Florida Association of Public Purchasing Officers Award for Excellence in Public Procurement (2004-2018)
- Florida Association of Public Purchasing Officers Best Practices in Public Procurement Award (2008 and Honorable Mention, 2009, 2010 and 2013)
- Florida Association of Public Purchasing Officers Outstanding Purchasing Award (2000)
- National Institute of Government Purchasing Outstanding Agency Accreditation Achievement Award, OA4 (2003–2021)
- National Purchasing Institute Achievement of Excellence in Procurement Award (2003-2016)
- Universal Public Procurement Certification Award—Sterling (2010–2017)
- National Institute of Government Purchasing Innovations in Public Procurement Award (2010)
Public Works Department
- A.P.W.A. (American Public Works Association) Fourth Consecutive Re-Accreditation
- Public Works Department was awarded the fourth re-accreditation by the American Public Works Association (APWA) in April, 2018. Four of the Department’s model practices were selected to be shared with others APWA members across the county. In 2001, the City of Port St Lucie Public Works Department was the first agency in the state and the 7th in the nation to be accredited APWA.
Utility Systems Department
- Water Fluoridation Quality Award (2007, 2017)
- In June, 2017, the City of Port. St. Lucie Utility Systems Departments Prineville and James E. Anderson Water Treatment Facility recognized for their "consistent and professional adjustment of the fluoride content to the optimum level for oral health for 12 consistent months".
- F.S.A.W.W.A. (Florida Section Region VIII of the American Water Works Association) “Best tasting water”
- In February, 2013, the City of Port St. Lucie Utility Systems Departments Prineville Reverse Osmosis Water Treatment Plant was named “Best tasting water” by the FSAWWA.
- S.E.D.A. (Southeast Desalting Association) “2014 Outstanding Membrane Plant”
- In June, 2014, the City of Port St. Lucie Utility Systems Departments James E. Anderson Reverse Osmosis Water Treatment Plant was named the “2014 Outstanding Membrane Plant” by SEDA, an affiliate of the American Desalting Association.
- National Association of Governmental Communicators “Award of Excellence”
- In July, 2014, the City of Port St. Lucie Utility Systems and Communications Departments jointly accepted an “Award of Excellence” from the National Association of Governmental Communicators for an educational video produced about the potential damage caused to sewer utility systems by flushing “flushable wipes”
- F.S.A.W.W.A. (Florida Section Region VIII of the American Water Works Association) “Runner-up best tasting water”
- In March, 2015, the City of Port St. Lucie Utility Systems Departments’ James E. Anderson Reverse Osmosis Water Treatment Plant was named “Runner-up best tasting water” by the FSAWWA.