Keep America Beautiful®, the nation’s iconic community improvement nonprofit organization, presented Keep Port St. Lucie Beautiful (KPSLB) with its 2018 President’s Circle Award recognition at Keep America Beautiful’s recent National Conference.
04/17/2019 3:06 PM
During the past two months, Port St. Lucie’s safety has been positively recognized on four separate ranking lists.
03/28/2019 1:08 PM
Port St. Lucie is #12 in the nation which it comes to the best places to live near the beach. The ranking was released in a report by U.S. News & World Report. Nine Florida cities were listed in the top 20.
03/21/2019 1:47 PM
Port St. Lucie is ranked as the #9 safest city in Florida in 2019 SafeWise Report.
03/20/2019 10:51 AM
WalletHub compared 182 of the nation's largest cities and evaluated them on emotional & physical well-being, income & employment, and community & environment. These categories were evaluated using weighted metrics.
03/18/2019 9:43 AM
Reviews.org released its new report on the 10 Cities with the Least and Most Property Crime for 2019, and Port St. Lucie, Florida, is now ranked as the 7th safest city for property crime.
02/28/2019 11:32 AM
Ophthalmic surgical instrument maker OCULUS Surgical, Inc. held an expansion announcement ceremony on February 7 on the future site of the company’s planned $7 million, 55,000-square-foot manufacturing facility in the Tradition Center for Commerce.
02/08/2019 11:23 AM
After analyzing 283 cities in America with a population of more than 100,000, HomeSnacks.net came up with this list of the safest cities in America for 2019.
02/08/2019 9:09 AM
The Communications staff from St. Lucie County, the City of Port St. Lucie and City of Fort Pierce earned a Gold AVA Digital Award in the 2019 creative competition for digital professionals in the educational website category for the group’s Sales Tax website.
02/04/2019 3:38 PM
In its fourth annual study, SmartAsset analyzed under-35 homeownership rates in 200 of the largest U.S. cities to identify where millennials are buying homes, and Port St. Lucie ranks in the tenth spot!
01/31/2019 4:39 PM
Transportation company U-Haul determined the country's top 25 growth cities list by calculating the net gain of one-way U-Haul trucks entering a city to the number of U-Haul trucks leaving that city in one calendar year.
01/25/2019 4:25 PM
Realtor.com analyzed crime data provided by NeighborhoodScout, a website that tracks community data, focusing on America's 150 largest metros.
01/22/2019 9:08 AM
The Arbor Day Foundation names Port St. Lucie as a Tree City USA and Growth Award winner.
01/15/2019 12:41 PM
The Census Bureau has released the latest estimates from the American Community Survey for all cities in Florida with a population of 60,000 or more with sufficient data to estimate the household income inequality.
01/07/2019 9:14 AM
Port St. Lucie has been selected as a top retirement destination in the sixth edition of "America's 100 Best Places to Retire", a comprehensive guidebook of the country's most appealing retirement towns. Editors and staff spent 11 months researching more than 800 cities.
12/18/2018 9:14 AM
Sing a song for the season! Every year the Port St. Lucie Community Band performs its “Holiday Spectacular” concert—a great event for the whole family. And join the Holly Jolly Beach Party for the city’s annual Festival of Lights, including a parade and Christmas tree lighting.
11/29/2018 2:51 PM
The City of Port St. Lucie was recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work” in St. Lucie County – the eleventh year the City has earned this prestigious honor.
10/25/2018 4:40 PM
The Port St. Lucie area ranked among one of the top 20 best places to retire in the nation, according to a study done by 55Places.com.
10/01/2018 12:05 PM
The Economic Development Council of St. Lucie County, the City of Port St. Lucie and GrowFL are pleased to announce that Expert Shutter Services is among 50 statewide honorees selected for the 2018 Florida Companies to WatchSM.
09/26/2018 3:30 PM
09/26/2018 2:27 PM
Awards & Recognition by Department
- 2017 Recognized in Best Practices Manual for Noteworthy Practices
- 2016 Building Department Accreditation
- 2019 Addy American Advertising Awards
- Silver Award: Sales & Marketing/Public Service; Annual Report
- Gold Award: Sales & Marketing/Public Service/Campaign; Citizen Summit
- Silver Award: Film, Video & Sound/Online Single Webisode; What We Do
- Silver Award: Film, Video & Sound/Online Series; The Agenda
- Silver Award: Film, Video & Sound/Online Single Spot Any Lenth; Fall Fun Fest Promo
- 2018 Public Relations Society of America (PRSA), Sunshine District
- Award of Commendation; Hurricane Irma, Utilizing Social Media to Communicate in a Crisis
- Award of Commendation; City Website
- 2018 Communicator Awards by the Academy of Interactive & Visual Arts
- Campaign - Social Media for Marketing Effectiveness; Social Media Crisis Communications Campaign for Hurricane Irma
- Annual Report - General Government for Corporate Communications; A Year in Review: The City Manager's Annual Report
- Employee Publication -Magazine for Corporate Communications; City Manager's Bi-Weekly Report
- Content & Marketing - Promotions & Contests for Social: "Where is Waldo in PSL?"
- Campaign -Promotional for Integrated Campaign-The NICE Program Integrated Marketing Campaign
- Features - Visual Appeal-Aesthetic for Websites; The City News Center
- Website - General Government for Websites; The New Government Website
- 2018 Florida Public Relations Association (FPRA) Treasure Coast Chapter Image Awards
- Judge’s Award: The Year in Review: The City Manager’s Annual Report
- City of PSL’s PIO named: Government Communicator of the Year
- 2018 AVA Digital Awards by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals
- Integrated Digital Marketing Campaign: Platinum – Neighborhood Improvement and Community Engagement (NICE)
- Digital Publication: Platinum – City Manager’s Bi-Weekly Report
- Online/Digital Tools: Gold – Crisis Communication, Hurricane Irma
- City’s Newly Redesigned Website: Honorable Mention
- 2018 Hermes Awards by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals
- Print Media: Gold – A Year in Review: The City Manager’s Annual Report
- Government Website: Honorable Mention
- Crisis Communication Plan – Platinum – Hurricane Irma
- Integrated Marketing Campaign – Gold – The NICE Program
- 2018 National Association of Counties NACo, NACIO
- Websites: Meritorious – “NICE Marketing Campaign”
- Photography: Excellence – “City Photography” – Woodstork Trail
- Graphics Brochures/Publications: Superior – “Budget-in-Brief”
- External Publications: Meritorious – “Bi-Weekly Report”
- Annual Reports: Superior – “A Year in Review: The City Manager’s Annual Report”
- 2018 Davey Awards by the Academy of Interactive & Visual Arts
- Silver Winner: The City of Port St. Lucie’s Government Website
- Silver Winner: The City of Port St. Lucie’s Social Media Features, Overall Social Media Presence
- 2018 APEX Awards for Publication Excellence
- Grand Award for Campaign Program, Plan: The City of Port St. Lucie’s NICE Program, Marketing Campaign
- Award of Excellence for Print Media, Special Purpose: The City of Port St. Lucie’s Strategic Plan, Quarterly Progress Report
- 2018 Videographer Awards
- Distinction Winner: The Agenda Television Production
- Honorable Mention: Port St. Lucie’s Future Starts With You, Event Promotion Video for the Citizen Summit
- 2017 Route Fifty Navigator Awards: Finalist for City University
- 2017 Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) - Sunshine District Radiance Awards: Award of Commendation for Hurricane Matthew Emergency Operations
- 2017 Hermes Creative Awards: Honorable Mention in the Special Event Category for Forum on Race Relations & Inclusion (FRRI)
- 2017 Hermes Creative Awards: Gold Winner in Crisis Communication for Hurricane Matthew Emergency Operations
- 2017 Florida Public Relations Association (FPRA): Judges' Award for the Crosstown Parkway Extension Project Video News Release
- 2017 City Livability's Community Engagement Award: Forum on Race Relations & Inclusion
- 2016 Gold Coast Public Relations Council Bernays Award: Best Crisis Communications for Hurricane Matthew Emergency Operations
- G.F.O.A. (Government Finance Officers Association) “Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting”
- The City of Port St. Lucie Finance Department received the “Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting” for the 2014 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) from the GFOA. The City has received this prestigious award for 23 consecutive years. There are more than 400 municipalities in the State of Florida and the City is one of only 170 to have received this Award.
Human Resources Department
- Florida Department of Health: Healthy Weight Community Champion
- The City's Human Resources Department was recognized by the Florida Department of Health as a Healthy Weight Community Champion (2016 & 2017).
- Florida Tobacco Cessation Alliance: Gold Level Award
- In April 2017, the Florida Tobacco Cessation Alliance presented a Gold Level Award to the City for its commitment and dedication to employees’ health and wellness.
- Best Places to Work St. Lucie County (2003-2009, 2015-2018)
Neighborhood Services Department
- Route Fifty 2017 Navigator Awards Finalist for City University
Office of Management and Budget
- G.F.O.A. (Government Finance Officers Association) “Distinguished Budget Presentation Award”
- The City of Port St. Lucie Office of Management and Budget (OMB) has received the “Distinguished Budget Presentation Award” by the GFOA. The City has earned this annual award for 29 consecutive years.
Parks & Recreation Department
- 2015 TC Palm Reader’s Choice Award – Best Dog Park – Lyngate Dog Park
- 2014 TC Palm Reader’s Choice Award – Best Dog Park – Lyngate Dog Park
- 2014 Macaroni Kid Port St. Lucie Gold Daisy Award – Family-Friendly Festival or Event – 2014 Freedomfest
- 2014 Macaroni Kid Port St. Lucie Gold Daisy Award – Place for Outdoor Fun – Port St. Lucie Civic Center Fountain
- 2014 Hometown News Reader’s Choice Award – Best Public Golf Course-Saints at Port St. Lucie Golf Course
- 2013 Florida Recreation & Park Association Media Excellence Award (renamed Public Relations in 2014) – Electronic – Other – P & R E-newsletter
- 2013 Hometown News Reader’s Choice Award – Best Public Golf Course-Saints at Port St. Lucie Golf Course
- 2013 Hometown News Reader’s Choice Award – Best Public Golf Course-Saints at Port St. Lucie Golf Course
- 2012 Hometown News Reader’s Choice Award – Best Public Golf Course-Saints at Port St. Lucie Golf Course
- 2012 Florida Recreation & Park Association Port St. Lucie Parks & Recreation Volunteer Program
- 2003 Florida Recreation & Park Association Agency Excellence Award
- 2017 Police Department Volunteer Program
- The Port St. Lucie Police Department’s Volunteer Program was honored by the International Association of Chiefs of Police on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 in Pennsylvania, as being a leader in the Law Enforcement Community for our exceptional Volunteer Program. The IACP/BodyWorn Leadership in Law Enforcement Volunteer Programs Award recognizes volunteer programs that demonstrate innovative, effective practices for augmenting sworn or civilian staff and/or improving service delivery to their communities. The goal of the award is to recognize the value that volunteers provide to state and local law enforcement and to institutionalize the theories and practices of the national Volunteers in Police Service (VIPS) Program.
- C.F.A. (Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies)
- In 1997, the agency was awarded state accredited status through C.F.A. Since then the department has been re-accredited an additional 6 times with the most recent award being received in 2016 for “Excelsior” status (meaning highest level of achievement in Florida Accreditation a Criminal Justice Agency can receive).
- C.A.L.E.A. (Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, Inc.)
- In 1991, the Port St. Lucie Police Department was the 193rd law enforcement agency in the United States, and the first in St. Lucie County, to become nationally accredited through C.A.L.E.A. The agency has successfully been awarded re-accreditation 7 times with the most recent award being received in 2016 for “Advanced Meritorious Accreditation” (accredited for 16 consecutive years).
Procurement Management Department
- Florida Association of Public Purchasing Officers Award for Excellence in Public Procurement (2004-2018)
- Florida Association of Public Purchasing Officers Best Practices in Public Procurement Award (2008 and Honorable Mention, 2009, 2010 and 2013)
- Florida Association of Public Purchasing Officers Outstanding Purchasing Award (2000)
- National Institute of Government Purchasing Outstanding Agency Accreditation Achievement Award, OA4 (2003–2021)
- National Purchasing Institute Achievement of Excellence in Procurement Award (2003-2016)
- Universal Public Procurement Certification Award—Sterling (2010–2017)
- National Institute of Government Purchasing Innovations in Public Procurement Award (2010)
Public Works Department
- A.P.W.A. (American Public Works Association) Fourth Consecutive Re-Accreditation
- Public Works Department was awarded the fourth re-accreditation by the American Public Works Association (APWA) in April, 2018. Four of the Department’s model practices were selected to be shared with others APWA members across the county. In 2001, the City of Port St Lucie Public Works Department was the first agency in the state and the 7th in the nation to be accredited APWA.
Utility Systems Department
- Water Fluoridation Quality Award (2007, 2017)
- In June, 2017, the City of Port. St. Lucie Utility Systems Departments Prineville and James E. Anderson Water Treatment Facility recognized for their "consistent and professional adjustment of the fluoride content to the optimum level for oral health for 12 consistent months".
- F.S.A.W.W.A. (Florida Section Region VIII of the American Water Works Association) “Best tasting water”
- In February, 2013, the City of Port St. Lucie Utility Systems Departments Prineville Reverse Osmosis Water Treatment Plant was named “Best tasting water” by the FSAWWA.
- S.E.D.A. (Southeast Desalting Association) “2014 Outstanding Membrane Plant”
- In June, 2014, the City of Port St. Lucie Utility Systems Departments James E. Anderson Reverse Osmosis Water Treatment Plant was named the “2014 Outstanding Membrane Plant” by SEDA, an affiliate of the American Desalting Association.
- National Association of Governmental Communicators “Award of Excellence”
- In July, 2014, the City of Port St. Lucie Utility Systems and Communications Departments jointly accepted an “Award of Excellence” from the National Association of Governmental Communicators for an educational video produced about the potential damage caused to sewer utility systems by flushing “flushable wipes”
- F.S.A.W.W.A. (Florida Section Region VIII of the American Water Works Association) “Runner-up best tasting water”
- In March, 2015, the City of Port St. Lucie Utility Systems Departments’ James E. Anderson Reverse Osmosis Water Treatment Plant was named “Runner-up best tasting water” by the FSAWWA.