The end of the construction for the Crosstown Parkway Extension Project marks a new beginning for the City of Port St. Lucie, residents and visitors. With more than 195,000 residents, the City worked diligently since 1980 to make this project and corridor a reality for the community.
The project provides a new bridge crossing over the North Fork of the St. Lucie River, connecting the existing Crosstown Parkway from Manth Lane to U.S. 1 Highway at Village Green Drive. The project is approximately two miles long with a 4,000 foot bridge. The six-lane divided highway and bridge will include accommodations for automobile, bicycle, pedestrian and public transit. The project will help alleviate traffic congestion, providing relief to the two existing crossings at Port St. Lucie and Prima Vista Boulevards. The project will improve public safety, emergency response times, help reduce travel times and enhance mobility.
- Press Release (8/16/19): Learn more about the Crosstown Grand Opening and Community Block Party
To learn more about about the history and progress of this project, visit www.crosstownextension.com.
The community is invited to celebrate the Grand Opening of the Crosstown Parkway, a project over 30 years in the making.
- Date: Saturday, September 28, 2019
- Time: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Location: SE corner of Floresta Drive and Crosstown Parkway
- Download Flyer
Commemorative merchandise will be sold at the event including Guy Harvey t-shirts, posters and Tervis tumblers featuring the artwork on the bridge towers. Bridge ornaments also will be sold at the event.
- 9 a.m. Dedication Ceremony: will include remarks from dignitaries and elected officials. The ceremony will take place on the west side of the bridge near the Floresta Pond area.
- 10:30 a.m. Ribbon Cutting
- 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Block Party Celebrations: Event activities include live music by Caribbean Chillers, kids zone activities with bounce houses, mopar and classic cars, and food trucks. C Those who attend will get a unique opportunity to take a trolley tour over the bridge and learn from our guides about some of its history and special elements, including the sculptures that feature a tile mosaic by artist Guy Harvey.
- Food Trucks: Good Eats See Food, Georgia Boy & Ethel's Famous Wings, B's Daddy BBQ, TuesteCoffee Bar, Devil Dogs, Absolutely Delicious, Truck A Bowl, Small Cake PSL, Cool Yeti, Boyelli, Papa Trattoria Pizza, PB's Stuff Burger, Chef K Provision
- 4 p.m. Bridge Opens: Following the event, motorists can start lining up at 3 p.m. on Crosstown Parkway eastbound from Airoso Blvd. to Sandia Dr.
Come to our event and visit our sponsor and City booths to play our Crosstown Monopoly game for a chance to win great prizes! Giveaways include gift cards, gift baskets, memberships, and more!
Directions & Parking
- Directions: To get to the Crosstown Community Celebration, take Crosstown Parkway east towards Sandia Drive until you see the police officers directing traffic. If you’re traveling from the east, please take Airoso Boulevard to the Crosstown Parkway, as Floresta Drive near Crosstown will be closed for the event.
- Parking: Convenient event parking will be available on the west side of the bridge along Crosstown Parkway.
- Onsite transportation available for those needing assistance. People movers and buses will be available to take attendees from the parking area to the event site.
Exclusive, Limited-edition souvenirs
Exclusive, limited-edition souvenirs will be available for purchase at the event. Cash or credit cards will be accepted. These include Guy Harvey T-shirts, Tervis Tumblers and posters featuring the art displayed on the bridge towers.
- Guy Harvey Poster: $5
- Guy Harvey Poster with signature: $20
- Guy Harvey 16 oz. Tervis Tumbler: $15
- Guy Harvey 24 oz. Tervis Tumbler: $20
- Guy Harvey shirts: $20
- Bridge Ornament: $15
- Commemorative Book: $10
Thank you to our Event Sponsors!
Food and Beverage Tent Sponsor
VIP Tent Sponsor
Center Stage Sponsor
Friends of PSL Sponsors
St. Lucie County Supervisor of Elections