The hurricane season runs from June 1 through November 30.
Residents should make preparations before the hurricane season begins.
Below you will find links that will help you prepare for a storm, what you should do during the storm, and what you should be aware of after the storm has passed.
If a storm threatens our area, pay attention to the latest weather updates issued by the National Hurricane Center.
- Boat and Marine Preparedness
- Emergency Preparedness Checklist
- Evacuate or Stay?
- Evacuation Routes
- Evacuation Zones
- Home Survival Kit
- Hurricane Awareness
- Pets and Animals
- Shelter Locations
- Special Needs Shelter Locations
- Special Needs Shelter Registration Form
- What to Bring to a Shelter
During the Storm
After the Storm
- Disaster Assistance Links
- Generator Safety
- Grocery Stores With Generators
- Power Outage Tracker (FPL)
- Power Restoration/Power Lines Down
- St. Lucie County School District
- Tree Damage
- Debris Collection and Removal:
- Grubbs Emergency Services LLC (Primary)
- TFR Enterprises, Inc.
- DRC Emergency Services LLC
- Debris Monitoring:
- Tetra Tech (Primary)
- CAPTEC Engineering