Welcome to the Code Compliance Division of the Neighborhood Services Department.
The Code Compliance Division enforces property maintenance, safety, and zoning codes that affect the quality of life in Port St. Lucie. Through education and enforcement, Code Compliance Officers facilitate voluntary compliance with City laws and code, empower community self-help, and develop public outreach programs.
The Importance of Code Compliance
- Protect the safety and welfare of Port St. Lucie residents
- Maintain and increase property values
- Reduce vandalism
- Eliminate blight
Simply stated, code compliance is for the common good. Cities enact these regulations to help ensure attractive neighborhoods, vibrant businesses, and a peaceful and enjoyable community for everyone.
Powers of Code Compliance Specialists
Code Compliance Specialists are empowered by the State of Florida to enforce local, county and state statutes adopted by the City or assigned to them. Specialists respond to citizens’ complaints and perform routine patrols to investigate violations.
Code Compliance Resources
Do you need more information on a code compliance issue? You may be able to find your answer by clicking on one of the topics below:
- Abandoned Property Registration
- Common Code Violations
- Garage Sale Map Listing (Shows a map and list of registered Garage Sales in the City.)
- Garage Sale Registration Form
- Residents can submit a Garage Sale Form to advertise on this map and in the City's electronic newsletter, free of charge. For proper placement of garage sale signs, please visit Sign Code. The City will remove signs that are improperly placed. If you are exempt from public records please contact the Neighborhood Services Department for further assistance.
- Lien Searches and Payoffs
- Nuisance Abatement Program
- Outdoor Event Application
- Report a Concern
- Special Magistrate
- Unimproved Real Property Nuisances (Vacant Lots)
- Yard Waste Information
How Citizens Can Help
Code Compliance Specialists work routinely with residents of the City and respond to requests for service. They make sure that all requests are tracked and investigated individually, and they work to ensure that violations are corrected promptly. But they need your help to keep Port St. Lucie a beautiful and enjoyable place to live and work. Requests for service can be made online with our City's 1PSL app, by telephone or by letter.
Please note: That email and written information is considered public record and subject to public record requests. Requests for service, however, can be made anonymously.