As a part of the City of Port St. Lucie's strategic goal to promote vibrant neighborhoods, the Neighborhood Services and Public Works departments worked to wrap utility boxes as a creative way to spread beauty and artwork in the community. These wraps transform plain, metal boxes into works of art in public places.
- Utility Box Cover Art Fact Sheet
- Phase 1 List of Artists & Artwork
- Phase 2 List of Artists & Artwork
- Crosstown Pkwy List of Artists & Artwork
- No taxpayer money is used for this project.
- Because residents and businesses have increased recycling efforts, the City is using recycling revenue to fund the project. This is one way the City is giving back to the community.
- Each location costs about $400 to wrap, which includes labor, materials, and installation.
- The more residents recycle, the more of these types of projects can be accomplished.
The neighborhoods within the city all have names given to them to create a sense of character. Explore your neighborhood to find out where the parks, schools, shopping, projects, building permits and other features are located. Explore our online neighborhoods map to learn more about different NICE neighborhood improvement projects. Visit our new Project Tracker Tool to see current projects the City is working on.