Solid Waste Program Functions
The City of Port St. Lucie has a franchise agreement with Waste Pro (772) 595-9390 to haul all household garbage, recyclables, yard clippings and bulk items for customers in the city. The franchise agreement is managed by the city's Neighborhood Services Department. Waste Pro services are also available for commercial properties.
Waste Pro Customer Service
Contact Waste Pro directly:
- Submit your concern directly to Waste Pro online regarding garbage, yard waste, and recycling.
- Call Waste Pro at (772) 595-9390
- Text WastePro at (772) 202-5735, (772) 202-5150 or (772) 206-2552
City Customer Service
Residents of Port St. Lucie can report concerns relating to city services or conditions using the new AccessPSL application. Residents can make requests for concerns such as litter, water leaks, vandalism and more can be reported in a few simple steps.
Waste Pro services will be provided on all holidays except for Independence Day (July 4th), Thanksgiving and Christmas. Garbage, yard waste and recycling collection will resume according to the regular schedule after the holiday.
- Household Garbage Collection
- Place containers at the curbside by 7 a.m. on regular collection days
- Garbage must be in a tied bag or covered can
- Do not mix garbage and yard waste—they must be in separate containers
- Cans should be no larger than 32 gallons and weigh no more than 50 pounds
- No auto parts, boat parts, or empty gasoline cans (get more information about hazardous waste)
Garbage cans are not provided by Waste Pro. They must be no larger than 32-gallon capacity and weigh less than 50 pounds each when filled.
Yard waste in all areas will be collected on scheduled pick-up days. Composting of yard waste is welcome, but not required. Follow these guidelines when preparing yard waste for collection:
- Place yard waste in several small piles if possible for manual pickup.
- Don’t mix garbage and yard waste
- Loose yard waste, i.e., grass clippings, leaves and small twigs must be containerized
- Neatly stack limbs, branches, palm fronds, etc. at the curb
- Limbs not to exceed four feet, except palm fronds. No piece to exceed 50 pounds.
- Separate stumps from other yard waste. No single piece of a tree should exceed 50 pounds
- Box it or bag it—individual containers cannot weigh more than 50 pounds
- Stack yard waste in neat, manageable piles
Yard waste that cannot be manually picked up manually requires a larger truck for pickup. Contact Waste Pro at (772) 595-9390 to schedule a special pickup if you have a large pile of yard waste. Please place yard waste along the street in front of the home and avoid placing debris in a vacant lot.
Waste Pro provides a recycling container for each residential account. All recyclable material can be placed together in the container. For recycling questions please call Waste Pro at (772) 595-9390.
Trash and Recycling Days
Residents can search for their trash, recycling and/or yard waste days using on our online Refuse Collection Schedules. You can enter either the property owner’s last name or the street name where the property is located as search criteria. When searching by street name, simply type the name of the street without any other additional information, (e.g., Thornhill for S.W. Thornhill Drive).
The table below shows the correlation between trash and recycling collection days.
|Recycling Day is:||Trash Pick Up Days are:|
|Monday||Monday & Thursday|
|Tuesday||Tuesday & Friday|
|Wednesday||Wednesday & Saturday|
|Thursday||Monday & Thursday|
|Friday||Tuesday & Friday|
|Saturday||Wednesday & Saturday|
Waste Pro Payments
Trash removal services are paid for directly by property owners on the annual property tax bills that are sent out in November. Each bill clearly indicates the amount due for the Waste Pro services, which are accounted for separately from city property taxes. This method of collection is less expensive than making payments directly to Waste Pro.
The Waste Pro rate is $268.36 per year for residential properties.
Residential properties cannot opt out of payment for the service, regardless of whether the home is occupied or not, or if trash is put out or not. Seasonal residents who stay in Port St. Lucie for temporary periods are responsible for the annual solid waste assessment.
For more details on services and costs, contact Waste Pro directly at (772) 595-9390, or visit Waste Pro’s website. Waste Pro’s office hours are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays and from 8 a.m. to noon on Saturdays.