During the school year, a day camp is available to children ages 5-12. Day camp is held at the MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Event Center at Port St. Lucie when the kids are out of school (excluding city holidays). The facility offers, two full-sized indoor basketball courts, a game room, an activity room, four indoor racquetball courts and an outdoor courtyard. Children use the amenities under the supervision of vibrant and caring staff in a safe and secure environment. In addition, the children will be engaged daily in STEAM activities, recreation games, and crafts that are often themed to the season.
- Fees: $14.35 per day.
- Ages: 5 to 11-year olds MUST be attending at least Kindergarten.
- Location: MIDFLORIDA Event Center, 9221 SE Civic Center Place
- Kids Day Out Camp: September 20, October 9 & 10, November 25-27, April 10, June 3-5
- Looking for a fun safe experience for your child while school is out? A full day filled with STEAM activities, recreation games, and crafts awaits! Lunch and snacks are not provided.
- Holiday Camp: December 23, December 26 & 27, January 2 & 3
- Have a Holly Jolly good time at the festive Holiday Camp this winter. There will be winter themed activities, recreation games, and crafts to bring merriment to all! Lunch and snack are not provided.
- Spring Break Camp: March 16-20, March 23
- Spring is in the air and the kids are out of school. Hop on over to the MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Event Center where fun is in bloom! There will be spring themed activities, recreation games, and crafts to bring festivity to all. Lunch and snack are not provided.
The weather is warming up and the City of Port St. Lucie Parks & Recreation Department is making preparations for our annual summer camp program. This year the program will host 285 youth weekly from all over St. Lucie County. That’s over 2,500 kids throughout the summer! The program is offered for children ages 3-14 years old, in four different camps, offering age appropriate activities.
The Parks & Recreation Department strives to offer a quality summer camp program to enrich the lives of participants with enhanced independence, social skills, and a spirit of acceptance and love for one another. The camp schedule is full of field trips, community involvement classes, STEAM crafts and activities, teambuilding games and sports.
Our staff is carefully selected to be outgoing, nurturing, mentoring, and modeling the mission of the department: “To strengthen our community by offering exceptional leisure, cultural, and innovative recreational opportunities”. Today’s active youth become tomorrow’s productive members of society!
Camp Scholarship Sponsor Program
The Parks and Recreation Department needs community partners interested in sponsoring a child.
Contact: Larry Lankow, Recreation Manager at 772-807-4469 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All funds from community partners go directly to a child in need. Scholarship program applications are currently being accepted at three facilities:
- Minsky Gym, 750 SW Darwin Blvd, Port St. Lucie, FL 34953: 772-344-4142
- MIDFLORIDA Event Center, 9221 SE Civic Center Pl, Port St. Lucie, FL 34952: 772-807-4499
- PSL Community Center, 2195 SE Airoso Blvd, Port St. Lucie, FL 34984: 772-878-2277
Assistance is given to only residents of the City of Port St. Lucie. All applicants must complete the Scholarship Assistance Application and submit a copy of their most recent 1040 Income Tax Form. Determination for scholarships will be made on a first-come, first-served basis. All assistance is subject to the availability of funds from various sponsors. For additional information about applying for a scholarship call: 772-807-4499.
To secure a spot, camp fees must be paid upon registration online or in person at Minsky Gym, MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Event Center or Community Center. In addition, submit a completed registration form to email@example.com. Registration forms are required by the first day of camp for each child in conjunction with camp payment being completed. If the form is not completed in advance of the child’s first day, it will be required at the time of drop off. Each camp capacity is limited, and early registration is encouraged.
You will be prompted to log in or create a new account. Search by type and select 'camp' from the drop-down menu.
Pay/Enroll in Person
In person enrollment and payments can be made at Minsky Gym, MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Event Center or Community Center. A copy of the child’s birth certificate is required at the time of registration if they have never attended any of our programs. If you are registering a 5-year-old for a youth camp, the child has to attend kindergarten and you must provide a progress report or report card. The types of payments accepted are cash, personal checks, VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
*Please note: Camp schedules are subject to change based on the St. Lucie County School Calendar.