PSL Community Center, Minsky Gym and MIDFLORIDA Event Center (Recreation/Fitness), are open to the public. Restrictions are in place to adhere to CDC guidelines. All members entering our Fitness Centers or attending fitness classes within our facilities may have their temperatures scanned prior to entry. Those with temperatures above 100.3 degrees Fahrenheit will be prohibited from entry.
- Members only can call to reserve a specific hour, each day they wish to utilize either Community Fitness & Wellness Center or the Humana Fitness & Wellness Center.
- Members may only reserve one day at a time, and may not call and reserve, for example, the 6:00 -7:00 a.m. time slot on Monday, Wednesday & Friday of the upcoming week. Each caller may make only one reservation for themselves and one reservation for one other person. Each caller must speak to a live person and must receive their reservation number and time slot for reservation verification.
- Drop in’s will be worked into the schedule as space is available. No telephone reservations will be accepted for non-members.
- Staff will print the caller’s first & last name in the hour requested not to exceed 12 persons per hour at Community Fitness and 20 persons per hour at Humana Fitness (as determined by social distancing recommendations).
- No personal training will be offered at this time.
- Fitness classes will resume, on a reservation basis only, as of June 15, 2020.
- The Rock Steady Boxing program will not resume at this time.
Humana Fitness & Wellness Center: 772-807-4499. Hours of operation are:
- Monday–Thursday: 6 a.m. – 9 p.m. Under this modified re-opening, this center will be closed from 2 to 3 p.m. on Monday through Thursday, to allow for the disinfecting/sanitization of equipment. No reservations will be accepted from 2 to 3 p.m.
- Friday: 6 a.m. – 8 p.m. Under this modified re-opening, this center will be closed from 2 to 3 p.m. on Friday, to allow for the disinfecting/sanitization of equipment. No reservations will be accepted from 2 to 3 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday: 7:30 a.m. -6 p.m. Under this modified re-opening, this center will be closed from 1 to 2 p.m. on Saturday & Sunday, to allow for the disinfecting/sanitization of equipment. No reservations will be accepted from 1 to 2 p.m.
For members who wish to reserve the 6 a.m. hour slot on weekdays, or the 7:30 a.m. hour slot on Saturday or Sunday, members may begin calling at 5 p.m. the evening prior.
Community Fitness & Wellness Center: 772-873-6432
Entrance through Community Center front doors only. Users are encouraged to utilize front parking lot. Hours of operation are:
- *Monday – Friday: 5:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. Under this modified re-opening, this center will be closed from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. on Monday through Friday, to allow for the disinfecting/sanitization of equipment. No reservations will be accepted from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.
- *Saturday – Sunday: 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. noon.
- For members who wish to reserve the 5:30 a.m. hour slot on weekdays, or the 8 a.m. hour slot on Saturdays, they may begin calling at 5 p.m. the evening prior. For the 8 a.m. hour slot on Sunday only, members may begin calling at 10 a.m. noon on Saturdays.
*The normal hours of operation at the Community Fitness & Wellness Center are Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Saturday/Sunday are 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. For this modified re-opening, we are adjusting the hours to be Monday through Friday from 5:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., and Saturday/Sunday to be 8 a.m. to 12 noon. Based upon reception of adjusted hours, the City may adopt this revised schedule when the fitness center is allowed to be re-opened to the public without restrictions.
The Parks & Recreation Department is using the Mindbody app to make registering for fitness classes quick and easy.
Due to limits placed on capacities allowed in fitness classes caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, Parks & Recreation wanted to alleviate member frustrations with reserving classes over the phone. Fitness center members can now book a class 24 hours in advance by just the click of a button. Nonmembers can also reserve classes; they’ll just need to pay at the facility prior to participating.
Step-by-Step How to Reserve A Class
Once you have downloaded and installed the app, create an account.
- Once you have downloaded and installed the app, create an account.
- Check your email to verify the Mindbody app. Email must be verified prior to continuing the sign-up process.
- Search City of Port St. Lucie in the search box at the top of the page. You can use the 34984 zip in the location. Choose the business button.
- Once you find us, click the heart to save us in your favorites.
- Select “Schedule” to see all upcoming classes.
- Choose your class and push “book” to reserve your spot.
- If you have any questions, please stop by our front desks or call either Humana Fitness & Wellness Center: 772-204-7101 or Community Fitness & Wellness Center: 772-873-6432.
- See you in class!
#PSLfromHome Workout Routine Videos Playlist
The PSL Fitness Team wants to encourage residents to take the “exercise from home challenge”. Your local fitness experts are creating short videos to keep you moving and fit during this stay at home period. These exercises are a simple, effective way to keep you moving and active without machines or equipment. Stay Safe, Stay Healthy & Stay Fit - Your PSL Fitness Team.
Fitness Memberships include the use of either of the City's fitness centers, as well as the use of the MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Event Center's indoor gymnasium, indoor racquetball courts and game room.
Fitness Brochure: A tri-fold with fitness membership rates and class descriptions for both fitness centers.
Please Note: Classes are by reservation only due to class sizes being restricted due to social distancing guidelines. Temperatures may be checked prior to entry. Classes begin Monday, June 15, 2020.
- Community Fitness Class Schedule
- To reserve a spot, call 772-873-6432
- Telephone: 772-873-6432
- Location: Port St. Lucie Community Center, 2195 S.E. Airoso Blvd., Port St. Lucie, FL. 36984
- Monday through Friday, 5:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday through Sunday, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Humana Fitness Class Schedule
- To reserve a spot, call 772-807-4499
- Telephone: 772-204-7101
- Location: MIDFLORIDA Event Center, 9221 SE Civic Center Pl., Port St. Lucie, FL. 34952
- Monday through Thursday, 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Friday, 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday, 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Parks & Recreation offers free fitness stations for those who like to work-out outdoors:
- Located within Jessica Clinton Park, 3200 S.E. Southbend Blvd.
- Located along Crosstown Parkway and Floresta Drive
- Located along Crosstown Parkway, just east of Bayshore Blvd.
- Located within Woodland Trails Park, 1485 SW Calmar Avenue
- Woodstork Trail, located at 1957 SE Hillmoor Drive
- Along Midport Lake, located at 2010 SE Veterans Memorial Parkway