Registration for the 2019 Summer Junior Basketball Program will begin on Saturday, March 2 at 8 a.m. At that time, you can either register online or in person at any of these facilities: Civic Center, Community Center or Minsky Gym.
If you're registering online, please read the detailed instructions we've provided to familiarize yourself with that process.
Please bring a copy of your child's birth certificate when registering.
Download registration forms
- Pee Wee Dunkers: $28.35
- Instructional Division: $49.90
- Regular Program Fee: $78
- Coaching rate: $62
- Multiple children in the same family: $73
Pee Wee Dunkers
The Pee-Wee Dunkers Program is a fun year-round four-week basketball program designed for boys and girls to develop hand-to-eye coordination and movement while learning new skills such as dribbling, passing, etc. The players are not placed onto teams, as the program is constructed like a recreation class. It is designed to educate each player enrolled in the program. This will also, help your child when he/she decides to move up to the Instructional Division of our Junior Basketball program. Parent involvement is encouraged.
The Instructional Program is designed to build a foundation of fundamentals and knowledge of basketball in a fun and safe atmosphere. This is an instructional coed league that will teach participants basic fundamentals and skills so participants can enter the Junior Basketball League.
- Minsky Gym – Practices will be held on Thursday evenings from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. beginning on November 8.
- Port St. Lucie Civic Center – Practices will be held on Tuesday nights from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. beginning on November 6.
Player evaluation schedule
(Ages as of May 11, 2019) ALL Evaluations will be held at Minsky Gym on Saturday, March 30, 2019.
Evaluations for the divisions will be held as follows:
- Boys and Girls Dribblers Division
- Dribblers Boys Division—Boys ages 8 and 9 will be held on Saturday, March 30 at 2:30 p.m
- Dribbler Girls ages 8 to 10 will be held on Saturday, March 30 at 3:30 p.m
Boys Division (Minsky Gym)
- Lower Division Ages 10-11
- Last names A-L: Saturday, March 30 at 12:30 p.m.
- Last names M-Z: Saturday, March 30 at 1:30 p.m.
- Middle Division* Ages 12-13:
- Last names A-D: Saturday, March 30 at 8:30 a.m.
- Last names E-N: Saturday, March 30 at 9:30 a.m.
- Last names O-Z: Saturday, March 30 at 10:30 a.m.
- Upper Division Ages 14-17: Saturday, March 30 at 11:30 a.m.
Girls Division (Minsky Gym)
Middle Division—Ages 11 to 15 will be held Saturday, March 30 at 3:30 p.m.
For more information about the Junior Basketball Program, please contact:
Minsky Gym, (772) 344-4142
750 S.W. Darwin Blvd. Port St. Lucie, FL 34953
Volunteer coaches needed
With the continued expansion of the Port St. Lucie Parks & Recreation Junior Basketball Program, Volunteer Head and Assistant Coaches, and Volunteer Scorekeepers are needed more than ever. Nearly 900 players ages 6 to 17 participate in this program year round.
For parents and family members of players, coaching a team is a great way to spend more time with your child while they enjoy their favorite sport. Anyone passionate about basketball is encouraged to volunteer their time and help make this popular program successful.
Volunteer coaches must be 18 years of age or older and scorekeepers must be 16 years of age or older. All volunteers must fill out an application and undergo an FDLE Level II background clearance process.
For more information about volunteering, contact:
Albrey Grimsley, Recreation Specialist