New Online Application System: Fusion
Effective on May 6, 2020, Land Development Applications will be required to submit using Fusion, a new cloud-based application system: fusion.cityofpsl.com. The Fusion Manual is as a step-by-step guide for applicants submitting new applications.
- The City has developed a new review program application, called Fusion, that allows for a paperless and all digital land development application review process. Fusion allows applicants to create a log in and easily complete any Land Development Applications and track the progress throughout the lifecycle of process. The program provides the applicant and public to view projects and understand what the current “step” the applications are in. This new online application is focused on providing improved customer service by improving upon clearly communicating the review process.
- View Commercial & Non-Commercial Signage PowerPoint presented at the Community Meeting on May 10, 2018
- Adopted Changes to Sign Code - Temporary Signs (Ordinance 18-44)
Any documents too large to email can be sent through the FTP Portal.
To assist the public and to direct and encourage quality community development in accordance with adopted policies, codes, and laws which enhance the City, protect the environment and make the City a better place to live.
This is accomplished by:
- Providing quality and timely customer assistance and information
- Implementation of the City's Comprehensive Plan
- Continued reviews and updates of land development code
- Preparation of innovative plans to direct the city's future
- Efficient development review processes
Planner of the Day Assistance
Planner of the day assistance is available at our City Hall offices Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 12 noon and from 1 to 5 p.m., or by appointment. Pre-Application meetings are available for new projects upon request. A fee is charged for the meeting.
Zoning Compliance for Businesses
All businesses operating within the City of Port St. Lucie are required to complete a Business Tax Application. An element of the Business Tax Application process requires all business owners to also fill out an Occupancy Use and Zoning Review Application. It is the responsibility of the Planning and Zoning Department to ensure that all businesses are reviewed for zoning compliance before moving into a particular zoning district. Applications can be obtained at the Business Tax Office, or downloaded from the Business Tax Division Web page.
Land Development Reviews
The land development review process for the city includes site plan reviews, design reviews, subdivisions, rezoning, special exceptions, variances and future land use map changes. We also manage other land development regulation processes related to natural resources and public facility concurrency management project reviews. We provide application packets, codes, and instructions. Our goal is to help the public and the development community achieve their land use objectives with the guidance of city policies and land development regulations.
The City's Planning and Zoning Board meets the first Tuesday of each month at 1:30 p.m.
Long Range Planning
The City of Port St. Lucie Comprehensive Plan guides future development, maintains quality of life, and provides for economic development. It also regulates land use and provides the basis for zoning regulations.
Neighborhood Planning Program is a new City initiative to establish neighborhood identities and to gather citizen input and ideas on how to define and enhance their neighborhoods. A Public Outreach Plan has been established to identify grassroots, traditional, and electronic communication techniques and strategies to be taken to encourage public participation in the neighborhood planning process.
|Planning Area 6 Draft||Planning Area 7 Draft|
Quasi-Judicial Proceedings are proceedings where existing policies and regulations are applied to a specific property.