Please note – Proposed Schedule Changed
On January 22, 2018, City Council tabled the Becker Road Large Scale Comprehensive Plan Amendment to the February 26, 2018 City Council meeting. Staff is recommending that City Council table this item again until the April 9, 2018 City Council agenda (please see agenda memo attached). The reason for tabling the item this time, is so that it can be reviewed concurrently with the City’s Comprehensive Plan Text Amendment to create an Office (O) Future Land Use designation (P18-031). As proposed, only the Professional Zoning District with the proposed Office (O) Future Land Use designation (the permitted uses of the Professional (P) Zoning District are attached). If this new future land use designation is approved, the Proposed Becker Road Overlay Map will be updated to include the proposed Office (O) Land Use.
With input from residents and other community stakeholders, the City of Port St. Lucie is working to define the future of the Becker Road corridor, which includes the section between Interstate 95 and Florida’s Turnpike.
There are two ongoing applications that affect the Becker Road Corridor:
- A large-scale comprehensive plan amendment: With this amendment, City staff will recommend amending land-use designations along the corridor. These proposed amendments were discussed with stakeholders as part of the Neighborhood Action Plan for Planning Area 4 South. This Neighborhood Action Plan was approved by City Council. Please note, this comprehensive plan amendment application does not change the existing zoning. This only will affect the future land use designations of the lots identified on the Proposed Becker Road Overlay of Future Land Use map.
- The Becker Road Overlay District: The City of Port St. Lucie has been fortunate to receive a $40,000 Community Planning Technical Assistance grant from the Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO). Most of this grant money will be used to hire a consultant to create the Becker Road Overlay District for the City. This Overlay District is intended to support and advance the City’s strategic goals of improving aesthetics and function within the Becker Road Corridor.
Becker Road Project Documents
- Becker Road Maps for workshop sh1
- Becker Road Maps for workshop sh10
- Becker Road Maps for workshop sh2
- Becker Road Maps for workshop sh3
- Becker Road Maps for workshop sh4
- Becker Road Maps for workshop sh5
- Becker Road Maps for workshop sh7
- Becker Road Maps for workshop sh8
- Becker Road Maps for workshop sh9
- Becker Road Overlay District
- Future land use classification
- Neighborhood Action Plan Planning Area 4 South