Crime Prevention Brochures
- ATM Security
- Auto Burglary Prevention
- Bicycle Law
- Bicycle Safety
- Bullying and Cyber Bullying
- Business Watch
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Drug Paraphernalia
- Gun Safety in the Home
- Holiday Crime Prevention Tips
- Home Security
- Identity Theft
- Juvenile Restorative Justice Initiative
- Neighborhood Watch
- Reporting Suspicious Activity
- Scams and Fraud Prevention
- Severe Weather Safety
- Telemarketing Fraud
- Terrorism Awareness
- Traffic Safety Awareness
- Vial of L.I.F.E.
Fraud and scam prevention resources
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Florida Attorney General
- FTC - Identity Theft
- FTC - On Guard Online Safety
- FTC - Scams and Identity Theft
- Stolen Identity Refund Fraud - Victim Information
Home security checks
Is your home secured? The Port St. Lucie Police Department will provide you a FREE security check. All you have to do is ask. Your professional security survey by a trained crime prevention specialist takes only 30-45 minutes and includes information and suggestions on the following:
- Proper exterior lighting
- How placement of shrubbery and landscaping can improve the safety of your home
- How to properly secure doors, windows and sliding glass doors
- Security system options
- NEVER give out personal information such as your name, home address, school name or telephone number in a chat room or on a bulletin boards. Also, never send a picture of yourself to someone you chat with on the computer without your parent's permission.
- NEVER write to someone who has made you feel uncomfortable or scared.
- DO NOT meet someone or have them visit you without the permission of your parents.
- TELL your parents right away if you read anything on the Internet that makes you feel uncomfortable.
- REMEMBER that people online may not be who they say they are. Someone who says that "SHE" is a "12-YEAR-OLD GIRL" could really be an older man.
For more information, contact:
- Port St. Lucie Police Department
Crime Prevention Specialist