Engaging individuals to take greater responsibility for improving their community environments.
As a recognized leader in community improvement, Keep America Beautiful is guided by these principles:
- Education: This is the key to encouraging positive behaviors toward community improvement.
- Individual Responsibility: Improving communities, their environment, and quality of life all begins with personal responsibility—individuals becoming more engaged as citizens and stewards of the environment.
- Public-Private Partnerships: Broad-based community alliances are essential to achieve sustainable community improvement.
- Volunteer Action: By engaging volunteers we extend the reach of our education and multiply the impact of our actions.
Applying These Principles
KPSLB puts these principles into action in the following ways:
- Litter prevention (Adopt-a-Street Program, Cleanup Day, Litter Hotline)
- Beautification and community improvement; tree plantings, including a tree-canopy assessment and master tree-planting plan; tree give-a-ways; local television programming.
- Minimizing the impacts of waste on the community: Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day and Single Stream Recycling.
- Minimizing the impacts of waste on water quality in lakes, wetlands and rivers (Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day and anti-litter campaigns).
- Download the detailed Guide to Recycling, a great resource for reducing the amount of solid waste in landfills.
The Keep Port St. Lucie Beautiful (KPSLB) Committee consists of 10 members who serve on a voluntary, unpaid basis. The committee is assisted by a full-time Public Works employee who serves as the coordinator to the committee.
The KPSLB Committee addresses issues that relate to the physical and visual aspects of our community’s environment and shows individuals how they can personally and directly impact that environment through their own actions.
The Committee plans various meetings and special events to build environmental awareness and encourage volunteer efforts for litter pick-up, landscape beautification, and the proper disposal of household chemicals.
The KPSLB Committee is available to present and speak to your organization, contact KPSLB today.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 772-871-5103
Sponsorship and Donations
The Port St. Lucie community supports KPSLB through sponsorship and donations.