Inspection request can be made 24 hours a day. Request scheduled before midnight will be conducted the following business day. Please note, inspection request can NOT be made over the phone. To request inspections, you must use (1) of the following options:
Log in to your profile, select the inspection you would like to inspection for. (This option will allow the contractor to request inspection without the permit number or 3 digit pin number.)
Click the schedule inspection button, enter the permit number and 3 digit pin number. Select the inspection you would like to schedule, and click the submit request button. (The permit number and 3 digit pin number can be located on your receipt and permit application.)
Please make sure the following items are on-site and visible for inspections:
- Permit Card
- Any approved documents such as, approved plans, manufacturer's specifications, product approvals, etc., if applicable.
Did you know you can leave a note for the Inspector when scheduling an inspection? Notes can include:
- Lock box codes
- Gate codes
- Location of permit documents
- Special instructions regarding the permit
- Specific occupant information
- Location of equipment
We ask that you not leave request for specific times. Inspectors will try to accommodate to the best of their ability, but we cannot guarantee times due to daily workloads.
Please note that permits will not be completed until all applicable inspections have been approved.
Affidavits, Forms and Misc. Information
Inspection documents, such as compaction test, density test, soil termite treatment and re-roof affidavits, must be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Engineer/Architect Letter of Compliance must be submitted to the Inspections Division in person or by mail. Engineer letters cannot be emailed.
- All applicable sections must be completed on the form
- Must be signed and sealed by a state licensed Engineer/Architect
- Payment is required, per letter
The Building Department also provides a DROP-BOX at the front of the building for after-hours drop-offs.
The inspection division is responsible for ensuring that permitted construction complies with the applicable, adopted Building Codes and City Ordinances while safeguarding the Public Health, Safety and General Welfare in the construction industry.
Applicable Building Codes:
- Florida Building Code, 2017 6th Edition
- Florida Building Code Residential, 2017 6th Edition
- Florida Building Code Plumbing, 2017 6th Edition
- Florida Building Code Mechanical, 2017 6th Edition
- National Electric Code, 2014 Edition
- Florida Building Code Existing, 2017 6th Edition
- Florida Building Code Accessibility, 2017 6th Edition
Inspection Division: (772) 871-5040
Main Number: (772) 871-5132